Guest speakers for a sold-out cruise?

abefroman329

Another place to find the schedules for the enrichment programme speakers is the answer to the question "Who will be the Guest Speakers for the 'Insights' programme on board?" found here on the Cunard FAQ site "ask.cunard.com".

https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/Speakers

Both this page and the one mentioned by BlueRiband provide links to individual pdf files containing the schedules for each ship. Note that the pdf files found on those two different pages are not always in total agreement with each other. It may be worthwhile to take a look at both versions of the pdf files to determine which one appears to be more complete and/or more up-to-date, in case they disagree about the speakers on any particular voyage.

Regards,

John

I just looked at the two links listed above as I'm going on the Queen Victoria next May, the guest speakers for my cruise aren't listed yet but I noticed what appears in my opinion to be quite a big mistake. On the 2-7 February 2018 cruise on the Queen Victoria it says John Peters RAF Squadron Leader and Gulf War President when it should say Gulf War Prisoner of War as his Tornado aircraft was shot down by a shoulder launched SAM and he was captured along with his navigator John Nicol and they were held captive until the end of the Gulf War.

ANote that the pdf files found on those two different pages are not always in total agreement with each other.

Yes - one PDF lists three speakers for our cruise, another lists five, and, when it was last visible on cunard.com, there were six speakers listed.

Guess we'll find out for sure when we board!

Talking to some of the speakers, it seems EVERYTHING is in a state of flux until the ship sails. Whatever schedule and agreed-upon presentations were planned can vary from what's expected when they come aboard. Even during the cruise, it's not unheard of to have a lecture moved to another slot. Luckily, the pros have a catalog of presentations, which these days can be stored on a laptop (and backed up to a flash drive) - so they can quickly pivot to what the ship's staff want. (And plans for get-togethers during the day are always conditional upon what may appear in the Daily Programme.)