RCI Excursions

is there somewhere that I can find reviews on the RC excursions? We have traditionally chosen some ship sponsored excursions and some that we booked on our own. I like to read reviews and compare pricing. Other lines have provided significantly more information in order to make decisions. Is there somewhere on this site that I can find info on specifically RCCL excursions for our Freedom Caribbean sailing?

Last time I checked Royal Caribbean excursions do have reviews available along with the description of the excursion. There is also a reviews section of cruise critic for excursions. There is also the ports of call forums that might help.

Royal use to have reviews on their criuse planner page, but I killed it I had the worst ever excursion, one purchased through Royal on Antiqua and I did a review. I got an email that said my review was posted, but when I clicked on the link, the whole section was taken down.

^I wondered who was responsible. [emoji23]

Having the reviews on there was helpful for us when booking. OP, I've also just googled "Royal Caribbean (insert excursion name and destination)" and had some luck with reviews pulling up on various sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal use to have reviews on their criuse planner page, but I killed it I had the worst ever excursion, one purchased through Royal on Antiqua and I did a review. I got an email that said my review was posted, but when I clicked on the link, the whole section was taken down.

I suspected it might have been you Bill.

I think the problem with the RC excursion reviews is that most of the reviews that were posted were negative as people tend to post "bad" experience more often than good. You could have 60 people on the excursion and 58 love it but 2 have a bad experience. If one of those two post a bad review then that is what was being seen as the other 58 either didn't post a review at all or posted the positive review on CC or TA rather than the RC site.

In addition to the ports section of CC, you can also sometimes "ferret out" the tour company used. If so, you can go on Tripadvisor and read reviews. Even if you don't know the tour company, on Tripadvisor you will likely see reviews for tours similar and get a "feel" for them.

We did a tour in St. Kitts a year or so ago and LOVED it. I was able to find the company from the logo on the boat in the picture and read reviews. On the same cruise we did a tour in Antigua. It was "not great." Crowded, disorganized. Fun but disappointing. Both were through RCCL. I am much more a fan of third party tours as you can really get accurate reviews on them.

I think the problem with the RC excursion reviews is that most of the reviews that were posted were negative as people tend to post "bad" experience more often than good. You could have 60 people on the excursion and 58 love it but 2 have a bad experience. If one of those two post a bad review then that is what was being seen as the other 58 either didn't post a review at all or posted the positive review on CC or TA rather than the RC site.

Probably true, but I've posted reviews of many good excursions on trip advisor like Aruba Trikes. The last really good excursion through Royal was also 2014, a catamaran sail to Nevis on St Kitts. By the time I got around to doing it in 2014, they took them off the site.

This is the excursion that I did my last review on Royal's site.

excursion.gif

Post #38 gives my thoughts that killed the review section.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2040248&page=2

most of the reviews that were posted were negative as people tend to post "bad" experience more often than good. You could have 60 people on the excursion and 58 love it but 2 have a bad experience. If one of those two post a bad review then that is what was being seen as the other 58 either didn't post a review at all or posted the positive review on CC or TA rather than the RC site.

I feel like that's true with most online reviews. They are more of a guideline but contain helpful information. Anyone who uses even the powerful TA knows to take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the help everyone. I am disappointed to have no feedback available. I would certainly feel more comfortable booking with RCCL if I knew what sort of experience other families had. It's a shame they can't be more transparent - imo it almost seems sneaky that they can't stand behind their vendor choices and be proud of the product they offer.

I am disappointed to have no feedback available. I would certainly feel more comfortable booking with RCCL if I knew what sort of experience other families had.

But there are reviews available, there have been multiple other options listed in this thread (excursion reviews on CC, ports of call forums, tripadvisor, even Google searching). And if you don't find what you're looking for you can create a new thread either here or on the ports of call boards.