Refreshment package on sale

I got the same email and called to inquire about purchasing for my 1/7/18 Jewel cruise. Had difficulty communicating with the agent but eventually figured she was telling me that despite receiving the email which indicate my cruise info this cruise was not included in the sale. I then asked to be connected to a supervisor for clarification, waited on hold 20 minutes before finally hanging up. Poor customer service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My Oasis sailing in February is on the list but there is no Deluxe Beverage/Zoom 1 device bundle showing. Only the refreshment and 1 device. I got excited that a sale applied to me but it was not to be.

There must be multiple promotions going on across ships -

My email pre-sale was for my Vision, January 2018 sailing. Ours listed the

classic soda + 1 device bundle. (Wish it was the refreshment and 1 device).

Other items do list the refreshment as 30% off - it is listed as $18 per day on the sale. Is this really a sale price?

Look carefully at the Voom multi-device package. I called because my email stated 30% discount - and the C&A rep discovered that the 4-device package was cheaper than the 3-device package. (The 4 device was the only one at 30% off )

For those wondering about dates - here were the terms on my email: Offer applies to new purchases made August 18 - August 20, 2017. Discount applies to beverage, internet, dining and spa packages on select sailings departing September 15, 2017 - February 28, 2018.

Our November allure sailing is on the list but the delux beverages still shows $52 per person as it always has.

Same here - Rhapsody 28/10 is on the sale list, however all prices shorex, drinks, dining and internet are all the same as they were last week, only ‘new’ option is ultimate dining and beverage combo £50 per day - no saving on last week’s combined price.

We're in UK and had the email for our sailing on 24th Dec (Oasis).

Our prices are in sterling... for the deluxe drinks package it's showing £42.35 which is the same price as it was pre the offer.... does this just mean they're deducting certain packages but just not this one?

Many thanks!

My Oasis sailing in February is on the list but there is no Deluxe Beverage/Zoom 1 device bundle showing. Only the refreshment and 1 device. I got excited that a sale applied to me but it was not to be.

OK. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Unable to get the Deluxe beverage/Zoom package on sale, I went back to my cruise planner to check out the alleged shore excursions sale. And lo and behold, the beach bungalow we booked on Labadee was 20% off. Canceled the original reservation and rebooked saving $50. Better than nothing. I'm happy.

I just looked through the excursions (drink packages don't interest me). It says 20% off ONBOARD prices. The excursions I'm looking at are the same price as they were when I looked at them without the "sale" a month ago.

RCCL uses some deceptive advertising techniques. Nothing is ever clear as to how much you're actually saving.

Even the fare changes so often with so many different "sales". I've pretty much determined that the price only changes when demand changes and all of their "sales" are just shuffling numbers around to make it look like you got a good deal.

That being said, I managed to book before the price went up, and I was able to get an OBC, so I guess maybe that was a good sale.

It looks like the only way to know for sure if you're saving money is to start writing down the prices of everything from the beginning of your search and then you have something to go on to know if you're actually saving money.

We're in UK and had the email for our sailing on 24th Dec (Oasis).

Our prices are in sterling... for the deluxe drinks package it's showing £42.35 which is the same price as it was pre the offer.... does this just mean they're deducting certain packages but just not this one?

Many thanks!

Correct, they may be lowering the price on one signle type of package, but not necessarily all packages on your sailing.

What do you mean by the Voom sale is fake?

When I first logged into the cruise planner yesterday , it showed the refreshment package at 30% off, excursions at 10%-20% off, and Voom at 20% off, with large yellow "sale" signs. When I compared these sale prices to the "pre-sale" prices I had noted, the refreshment and excursion sales were legit. The Voom package after the 20% sale had the same price as pre-sale. That's my definition of a fake sale.

Interestingly, since this sale first began, on my cruise planner the sale prices continue but they now appear as regular list prices, no reference to a sale.

We were able to get hubby the refreshment package for $18 instead of the normal $26 and we booked a Nellie's Beach Cabana for 20% off. Went ahead and added my alcohol drink package just in case they start making both of us have the same package. Hubby doesn't drink any alcohol at all so being able to get the different packages is important to us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm trying to decide whether the replenish is worth $18/day for me, if anyone has a minute. (It's definitely not worth $26.)

(Ship is Oasis, 9/17 sailing shows $18 day, $148 total for the week with svc charge.)

I drink a lot of water, but I'm usually ok with ship's water on NCL. Still, if I had this package I'd drink bottled. Where would I get it, bars?

I love iced tea. Would this enable me to get brewed iced tea somewhere besides a sit-down dining venue?

I like the occasional specialty coffee on vacation. Are there many non-Starbucks places on the Oasis offering this kind of thing?

(I don't drink a lot of soda but I suppose I'd go for a Coke Zero now and then if the machines were working.)

Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to decide whether the replenish is worth $18/day for me, if anyone has a minute. (It's definitely not worth $26.)

(Ship is Oasis, 9/17 sailing shows $18 day, $148 total for the week with svc charge.)

I drink a lot of water, but I'm usually ok with ship's water on NCL. Still, if I had this package I'd drink bottled. Where would I get it, bars?

I love iced tea. Would this enable me to get brewed iced tea somewhere besides a sit-down dining venue?

I like the occasional specialty coffee on vacation. Are there many non-Starbucks places on the Oasis offering this kind of thing?

(I don't drink a lot of soda but I suppose I'd go for a Coke Zero now and then if the machines were working.)

Thanks in advance.

The bottled water alone for me is worth the price. You can get bottles of water in all the bars along with the coffee shop. I haven't been on Oasis but I believe it should have a non Starbucks shop. We were on Anthem and I would get coffee every morning. The nice thing with the bottles of water is you can pick them up and then take them back to your room. Also grab them on the way off the ship so you can take them on your excursions.

Can't help with the tea question.

Thanks in advance.

You can get bottled still or sparkling water at any bar, restaurant or MDR. Specialty coffees are available at Cafe promenade on the Royal Promenade and at Park Cafe in Central Park. They make a really good Mocha;p There are some iced coffee drinks and at least one chai drink, I do not remember seeing brewed iced tea. They do have Tazo tea at Cafe promenade that is also covered by the refreshment package instead of the other stuff that is free. You will also be able to get specialty coffee in restaurants and MDR.

Coke Zero and lots of other Zero flavors are available in the freestyle machines. Refreshment package does not cover cans of soda.

Correct, they may be lowering the price on one signle type of package, but not necessarily all packages on your sailing.

Yes thanks.... we're thinking we will wait until we get on board to book the drinks packages.

Two excursions we had booked in Falmouth had been discounted so we cancelled and re-booked to get the savings.

Thank you!

We planned to buy the Deluxe beverage package on board but have just had discount offer on it. Offer is £33.88pp which is what the package has been since we booked months ago. Don't understand that. It does say that the discount off the price will be taken down tomorrow and I am now concerned that the price will go up. Any suggestions. There is a phone number but don't really want to be calling US. Thanks

We planned to buy the Deluxe beverage package on board but have just had discount offer on it. Offer is £33.88pp which is what the package has been since we booked months ago. Don't understand that. It does say that the discount off the price will be taken down tomorrow and I am now concerned that the price will go up. Any suggestions. There is a phone number but don't really want to be calling US. Thanks

If you are concerned that the price will go up then buy it now or wait and take your chances of paying more on board.

Yes thanks.... we're thinking we will wait until we get on board to book the drinks packages.

Two excursions we had booked in Falmouth had been discounted so we cancelled and re-booked to get the savings.

Thank you!

There is a very good chance the prices for drinks pkg will be higher if you get them when you get on ship .

I thought it was only the Refreshment pack that had the discount. I tried to buy a discounted Deluxe and was told it wasn't part of the deal?

I received an email offereing "up to" 30% discount. When I checked the price for our up coming cruise on the Navigator next month, the price is the same its always been. £41.80 a day - quite a lot for 14 days.... No way am I going to drink nearly £600 ($750) of alcohol. I want to be able to see where I am going, not be drunk for 2 weeks. If thats anyone's kind of holiday then you have problems and try AA