First Time Princess Cruiser; and I am a Happy Campter-Emerald Princess inside passage

AF-1

Enjoyed your review.

We are doing the 10 day California Coastal cruise Sept 2018 on the Emerald.

Only our 2nd cruise with princess.

Alaska is beautiful and so is the Emerald Princess

Alaska is beautiful and so is the Emerald Princess

I was worried when reading other Emerald reviews.

Our last cruise was on Royal Caribbean, The Liberty.

It kind of turned me off cruising, but my hubby enjoys them so we are trying it again next year for our 40th.

I (we) enjoyed Alaska immensely and that was our first cruise ever so I think the coastal cruise with touring is more what I would enjoy.

And, Larry loves his wine🍷

I used the port of Seattle luggage valet program. It worked great. You sign up and you will get your bag tags and boarding passes the night prior to arrival back in Seattle. You have to have bags outside stateroom by midnight. We saw our bags in Cincinnati the next day. Great service. If anyone has any questions I will be glad to answer. Thanks for checking in

We have been granted permission to disembark in Victoria, as we live nearby. We will miss out on the last night but also the mass debarkation scene in Seattle. It will also save us the cost of getting back to Victoria from Seattle.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
IN CONCLUSION WHAT WOULD I DO DIFFERENTLY:

This is a misnomer; what I liked about this cruise. For being our first Princess cruise, I felt we were pampered beyond our dreams. All staff and crew were friendly and nice. Anything we asked for they accommodated; meaning if we wanted something to eat that was not on the menu; the wait staff accommodated us. When we wanted to change a shore excursion time; they accommodated us. When I had a small issue I went to guest services and they took care of it with no questions. Our final folio bill was correct; no overcharges. Ship was great; layout of the ship was good. I liked that deck 7 went completely around the ship for walking purposes. Food was very very good; and all manner of service was good. Cabin layout and accommodation was excellent. What would we do differently? Well if it was just my wife and myself with no minors; we would have adjusted what shore excursions we booked. Of course we would have booked a different cabin; we would not need 2 bedroom suite. A little background. We take a cruise every two years and land vacation every other year. Since I only book a suite; I do not have to worry about what my loyalty status is. We have sailed Royal Caribbean, NCL, and now Princess. Would we sail Princess again? Absolutely, Would we sail Emerald again? Yes; (although, trying a different ship like Royal is possible), would we book Alaska again; Maybe.(we have been all over the Caribbean, Europe one, Mediterranean twice, and headed back to Europe next year for land tour.I hope I have covered everything and hope you take away something from this review. I do not have anything negative to say about Princess or the Emerald Princess. This is good. My wife and I can have fun no matter where we are or who we sail with. Oh one more thing. I did put a deposit for future cruise; took advantage of low deposit and obc. Three possibilities for 2019. New England and Canada, Rock and Roll Cruise on a Princess ship, or back to the Mediterranean. Want to do Sicily and Naples, along with Kotor. The 2019 schedules for this cruise is not available until this fall. Cheers everyone and see you out there. More patters will get posted

When and where is a Rock and Roll cruise?

Gang Princess does have rock themed cruises. They have one planned in Caribbean next Feb(which is sold out), and then next Sept 2018 on Emerald to Alaska. It is sponsored by a separate website but they have been using Princess ships for past five years. I just booked myself and wife; and my sister and brother for Feb 2019 on Caribbean Princess western Caribbean. We are doing a family reunion on this cruise. Lineup has not yet been announced for our cruise but the Feb 2018 cruise has Rare Earth, Drifters, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Paul Revere & the Raiders, Mitch Ryder, The Cowsills. I like all these groups; the 2019 list should be up by end of this year. If you have any more questions let me know

Gang Princess does have rock themed cruises. They have one planned in Caribbean next Feb(which is sold out), and then next Sept 2018 on Emerald to Alaska. It is sponsored by a separate website but they have been using Princess ships for past five years. I just booked myself and wife; and my sister and brother for Feb 2019 on Caribbean Princess western Caribbean. We are doing a family reunion on this cruise. Lineup has not yet been announced for our cruise but the Feb 2018 cruise has Rare Earth, Drifters, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Paul Revere & the Raiders, Mitch Ryder, The Cowsills. I like all these groups; the 2019 list should be up by end of this year. If you have any more questions let me know

Yes, we have been on Princess twice when the "Rock & Roll Concerts" described above were on the ship. We participated once ... the first year after Paul Revere died so now it's Paul Rever's Raiders.

Yes, we have been on Princess twice when the "Rock & Roll Concerts" described above were on the ship. We participated once ... the first year after Paul Revere died so now it's Paul Rever's Raiders.

OCruisers you are correct with the name. That is the cruise I am talking about. The Feb 2018 is sold out and the Feb 2019 just went on sail. We booked to get the sip and sail package.

AF-1, I have a question about your family suite...I know you said you couldn't use your balcony much, but what was below it? It looks like part of the upper promenade deck. Were there ever people below your balcony? Or noise issues of any kind?

AF-1, I have a question about your family suite...I know you said you couldn't use your balcony much, but what was below it? It looks like part of the upper promenade deck. Were there ever people below your balcony? Or noise issues of any kind?

No noise at all. Below we saw mostly crew who would get the ship ready to come into port. Because it is the most forward facing cabin; but on the side of the ship; there is no other cabin or wall to block the wind when the ship is at sea. Even sailing out of Puget Sound the wind was pretty strong. We loved the cabin; but would have liked to have used balcony more.

The Princess site will list the cruise but says nothing about the music. That has to be booked through a separate site with extra cost. For instance: September 9 - 16, 2018 Inside Passage on Emerald Princess. The Princess site shows the cruise with a balcony cost from $1,649. The site where you can book the same cruise with a musical lineup of Peter Rivera (original singer for Rare Earth), Paul Revere's Raiders, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Charlie Thomas' Drifters, Mitch Ryder, The Cowsills, Tom Garret (lead singer for the Classics IV) lists a balcony on the same cruise from $2,199. That's a minimum of $550 more to participate. I am guessing they just have separate concerts that only those who pay extra can attend. Not really sure how it actually works. You can Google for "Rock and Roll Cruise +Princess" - without the quotes and you will find information.

I might be slightly peeved if I booked a cruise and then, once onboard, discovered there were performances by big name acts scheduled that I couldn't attend. Hopefully a decent TA would warn one about this but then I always book my cruises myself and then move them to my TA at a later date.

Please give details on Feb 2019 R and R cruise, princess having hard time finding it. Thanks.

since the rules of cruisecritic will not allow me to post the website; because the website is a travelagent site; they have been hosting rock and roll cruises for 25 years. From what the gal who runs it told me is; they can book the entire cruise with entertainment package; or you can book thru your own travel agent; and pay the tour operator for the entertainment. They entertainers will headline in the Princess theater; they only sell enough tickets to fill the Princess theater; so I am guessing that is 800. Since the ship holds around 3100, 800 people will have special access to all the mainline shows in the theater, and side shows which will be in both Club Fusion and Explorers lounge. If you would like more info search for concerts at sea

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Everyone; today I want to discuss the crew and how they made this a wonderful and special cruise. Not expecting any big deal, we were truly happy campers. On my wife's birthday the head waiter got all the staff in club dining together and brought her a special cake and sang to her. On other cruise lines they make you buy the birthday cake and will sing to you. On Princess it was all complimentary. Since I am on the subject of head waiter let me tell you; his name was Petros from Poland. He was so knowledgeable of specials, menu items, and he also was the sous chef right in the dining room mixing pastas or Caesar salads. He said he has been with Princess for 19 years. Our cruise director was named Corey. He was very good too. He had a morning "wake show" on tv everyday and provided commentary of the days activities; and also interviewed all the guest performers and the naturalist. When ever I met him around the ship he stopped to talk, and made me feel like I was family. He was quick witted on stage and some really good come back lines .

We had Petros as our head waiter on the Pacific over New Years. He is an unbelievably warm wonderful guy!!!

We'll be on the Emerald in 3 weeks for a month and I'm at the same time excited AND afraid to get my hopes up that he'll still be in the ship!!!

When exactly was your cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums