Is Bigger Always Better? - Oasis of the Seas March 12 2017 Review

I was surprised this cruise to see life guards at all the pools. Is this something new to RCI or just to Oasis OTS? I don't think I saw them on my cruise in September.

New to Royal. There must have been some issues.

I just returned from April 2 Oasis Cruise. Have to agree with Cathi. This Sabor visit was not as good as the one we had on Allure just last year. They did not make the guacamole at table side like they did last year on Allure. It was fun and festive on Allure. (However, a lesson in guacamole making was offered for a cost on Oasis. Do you think that's the reason Sabor no longer offers the fresh table side made guacamole?) My husband also was not as happy with his margarita--it was a weaker version, in comparison to last year's drink. On the other hand, our visit to Giovanni's for "First Night Done Right" was a treat!!!!!! The cruise in general was great. For those interested, they offered the drink punch cards on about Day 3 on our cruise.

I just returned from April 2 Oasis Cruise. Have to agree with Cathi. This Sabor visit was not as good as the one we had on Allure just last year. They did not make the guacamole at table side like they did last year on Allure. It was fun and festive on Allure. (However, a lesson in guacamole making was offered for a cost on Oasis. Do you think that's the reason Sabor no longer offers the fresh table side made guacamole?) My husband also was not as happy with his margarita--it was a weaker version, in comparison to last year's drink. On the other hand, our visit to Giovanni's for "First Night Done Right" was a treat!!!!!! The cruise in general was great. For those interested, they offered the drink punch cards on about Day 3 on our cruise.

Ugh, sorry to hear you likewise didn't have a magical experience. But I've heard that about Giovanni's, so glad it was good!

• 1 month later...

Cathi!...or anyone else with recommendations.

We will be sailing November 2017 on Oasis! :D YAY!

Currently have MTD booked, when we sailed Freedom last year we had a scheduled seating. Does it matter, is it easier to do MTD on Oasis to ensure we get the entertainment we want?

We also haven't decided if we want to do any specialty dining packages etc. I'm sure that would play into the MTD vs. regular dining as well.

Thanks for the input!

Congrats on your upcoming cruise! I've always just done MTD and made reservations, I like the flexibility, so I can't even speak to scheduled seating. However, I do know that the timing was tight for the Oasis of Dreams show (we got there 1/2 hour early and wish we'd been earlier!), if that impacts your decision. I think as long as you notify your servers that you have a deadline they will do their best to speed things up for you.

New to Royal. There must have been some issues.

A young boy fell in to the pool and later died while on the Anthem of the Seas. After that, Royal started having lifeguards at the pools.

• 3 months later...

A bit late to the party but thank you for a great review. It was on my trip on Oasis (2011) and our last night meal at 150 Central Park that I was introduced to the joys of flavoured salt. OMG - I now make it a point to buy some whenever we are travelling as an edible souvenir.

Wendy

Now, here’s something I never realized that probably 99% of you already know but I’M A SLOW LEARNER; your room number will tell you whether your bed is beside the window, or the door. I KNOW, right?!

So... what do the room numbers mean in relation to the bed placement. I've never heard of this. Does it have to do with odd and even numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now, here’s something I never realized that probably 99% of you already know but I’M A SLOW LEARNER; your room number will tell you whether your bed is beside the window, or the door. I KNOW, right?!

So... what do the room numbers mean in relation to the bed placement. I've never heard of this. Does it have to do with odd and even numbers?

No, not based on odd/even. It's based on stateroom pairs:

Look at a deck plan and find cabins that are connecting. The cabin on the left as you enter the cabin will have the bed by the closet. The cabin on the right will have the bed by the balcony. This pattern will repeat with every pair of cabins.

Really enjoyed your informative yet whimsical review.

I know they're not going to be exactly the same but we're sailing on Oasis class for the first time on Allure in a few weeks and appreciate all the details.