Independence of the Seas cabin kettles Mediterranean cruise from Southampton

gillme

We are going on Independence on 2 September for the first time having sailed previously on Freedom and Oasis from Port Canaveral. Just read today that on the cruises from the UK there are kettles and tea and coffee making facilities in the cabins. Can any recent cruisers confirm this please? It will save me an early morning walk to the Promenade Cafe for my first cup of tea!!

Also, I know there aren't any Freestyle machines on Independence but do you get any drinks mug/container for taking a cold drink up on the sun deck? We have the deluxe drinks package included.

Many thanks in advance for any responses.

Gill

Thanks for the quick reply Bob! Will we be able to fil this at any of the bars? Thank you!

Yes, you will have a choice of about 6 different fountain drinks, such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, GInger Ale, tonic water, and soda water.

We are going on Independence on 2 September for the first time having sailed previously on Freedom and Oasis from Port Canaveral. Just read today that on the cruises from the UK there are kettles and tea and coffee making facilities in the cabins. Can any recent cruisers confirm this please? It will save me an early morning walk to the Promenade Cafe for my first cup of tea!!

Also, I know there aren't any Freestyle machines on Independence but do you get any drinks mug/container for taking a cold drink up on the sun deck? We have the deluxe drinks package included.

Gill

We are on the same cruise with you. Kettles are a definate. Wasn't sure were the drinks container as we had them on Oasis but knew Indy didn't have freestyle machines.

We are revisiting Indy, our first ever cruise trip, 9 years after last being on her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kettles in cabins, and tea bags, they don't provide coffee so bring a small jar. Get carton of milk from Windjammer and keep it in fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you ask your stateroom attendant for coffee they will provide it - I was on Indy in July and asked and got some

looking forward to bringing my plunger style cafetiere and making some good coffee in my cabin. I only drink Americano style drinks so will be quite happy with that first thing in the morning - guess I will be able to put some milk from the buffet in the fridge on board - we are also on Independece but a little later in September

'Get carton of milk from Windjammer and keep it in fridge' - the only problem we found with that on the Navigator last week was that , technically, you don't get fridges anymore (Indy may be different) - it looks like a fridge but is not as cold. We found the cartons of milk went off quite quickly ( we even had problems with the cartons that came from Room Service with breakfast - tended to 'separate ' in the coffee

Gill

We were on Independence in April in a JS and had kettle and coffee maker.

If you are in a standard balcony cabin or lower you do not get a kettle.

I always ask the cabin steward when we first meet him and maybe because i always give a tip when we first meet he often gets me a kettle if he can.

We get cartons of milk with our room service cereals as well as a jug of coffee and i pay for the hot breakfast too but if you want continental breakfast there is no charge.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Confusing as previous posters suggest kettles will be provided.

We were on Independence in April in a JS and had kettle and coffee maker.

If you are in a standard balcony cabin or lower you do not get a kettle.

I always ask the cabin steward when we first meet him and maybe because i always give a tip when we first meet he often gets me a kettle if he can.

We get cartons of milk with our room service cereals as well as a jug of coffee and i pay for the hot breakfast too but if you want continental breakfast there is no charge.

Confusing as previous posters suggest kettles will be provided.

P&O ships always have kettles but RC it is JS and above but ask your cabin steward if none in cabin and give him a tip and say you would really appreciate a kettle and they will do their best to find you one.

P&O ships always have kettles but RC it is JS and above but ask your cabin steward if none in cabin and give him a tip and say you would really appreciate a kettle and they will do their best to find you one.

We were on Freedom, same ship class in a balcony cabin in June out of Barcelona and there was no kettle but as i stated in my last post speak to your cabin steward but give him a tip as well as they try harder to get you a kettle then.

We were on Freedom, same ship class in a balcony cabin in June out of Barcelona and there was no kettle but as i stated in my last post speak to your cabin steward but give him a tip as well as they try harder to get you a kettle then.

He got me a kettle.

I thought that RC ships from Southampton had kettles in all cabins . Can anyone confirm this?

A kettle is provided in all cabins on the RCI sailings from Southampton , with teabags , but bring your own coffee , this has been the norm for a few years now

Thats good to know.

We had a short independence cruise in April and had a JS where RC automatically put a kettle but next year we have a standard balcony booked and normally have to speak to the CS and hope he can get us a kettle.

Thats good to know.

We had a short independence cruise in April and had a JS where RC automatically put a kettle but next year we have a standard balcony booked and normally have to speak to the CS and hope he can get us a kettle.

We were also on that cruise, in a balcony cabin. There was a kettle and the makings provided