On a 10 day HAL cruise, when is the special price laundry day?

ontheweb

Does the all the clothes you can stuff in a bag laundered for one price occur once or more than once on a 10 day cruise? Is this offered near the beginning, towards the middle, or towards the end of the cruise?

Specifically, we are on the Noordam for an Eastern Mediterranean cruise in case this makes a difference in answering the questions.

• 4 weeks later...

We had never used laundry service before, either, but planned to on our HAL cruise last year. We had some clothes messed up in an accident, and managed to put them with a lot of other clothes in a bag. Roll clothes tight and stuff the bag.

Results were great!!:D Wish we could find a similar service at home for the same price!

Great job HAL:)

My DH can stuff an amazing amount of stuff into one of those blue bags. At least 6 dress shirts, 2 walking shorts, 2 bras, 6 undies, 1 capris, 6 tee shirts, 2 slacks, and some mis'c small stuff.

Edited by kakalina

I would guess that they put everything in the dryer. Has anyone had something shrink. I would like to use this service but would you suggest that I leave things I would normally hang to dry? Marie

Yes, we have had garments shrink in length. I no longer send out anything I dry on low at home. Certainly not an item that requires line drying. Packing is harder as I have to avoid some favorite clothing. This is why we avoid sailing on ships (and cruise lines) that don't have passenger self-laundry. We do use the ship's laundry, but only for limited items. Being able to wash a few things ourselves makes life SO much easier.

We were on the E'dam for 23 days last summer. I found that I actually had to pack more clothes because we weren't able to do our own wash. As an example, I had to pack two sets of nightclothes due to the turnaround time. We also needed to count on not getting our laundry back for 3 days, sometimes this was less, but we had to plan on having clothing for 3 days. I'd much rather be able to have clean clothes in a few hours, rather than wait days.

I can't imagine sending bras to the ship's laundry. At home they go in the wash and hang dry. Very easy. It isn't a "luxury" having to hand wash on vacation when I don't at home. This isn't pampering.

On the Rotterdam is was $12 and was offered early in the cruise, like after the second day. BTW, the Rotterdam's self-service laundry area were in pretty bad shape, with broken machines sidelined while waiting on parts.

=

I can't imagine sending bras to the ship's laundry. At home they go in the wash and hang dry. Very easy. It isn't a "luxury" having to hand wash on vacation when I don't at home. This isn't pampering.

what about if you put your bras and panites in a lingerie bag and zip it shut, then stuff it into the blue bag? will they leave them in the mesh lingerie bag or remove them from the bag to wash and dry them??:confused:

what about if you put your bras and panites in a lingerie bag and zip it shut, then stuff it into the blue bag? will they leave them in the mesh lingerie bag or remove them from the bag to wash and dry them??:confused:
I don't have a clue as to what the laundry would do in that situation, because I will NOT send my bras out to the laundry. Period.

I would guess that they put everything in the dryer. Has anyone had something shrink. I would like to use this service but would you suggest that I leave things I would normally hang to dry? Marie

Our tablemates had 2 bad experiences with laundry. The man had 2 or 3 silk Tommy Bahama shirts shrunk and the woman had a long gown w/ knife pleats from under the bust to the floor ironed flat. We never heard how they were going to handle this.

We have never had any issues but I'm careful as to what I send out. I would never send bras and panties out since they can be washed by hand in a manor of minutes in the sink.

• 8 years later...
On the Rotterdam is was $12 and was offered early in the cruise, like after the second day. BTW, the Rotterdam's self-service laundry area were in pretty bad shape, with broken machines sidelined while waiting on parts.

Any laundry bag specials anymore, or is this a thing of distant memory?