What's the cheapest longer cruise you've taken?

We took a 13 day transatlantic on Celebrity Constellation in April 2010 for about $1100 total, for 2, with all fees and taxes. We took a 11 day trip on Costa to the Mediterranean (including Egypt and Israel) last Nov/Dec. for about the same price. We are considering other long cruises, possibly a South Pacific or South America. I was just wondering what kind of other great deals people have found. We got both of our listed cruises last minute, about 1-2 months before they sailed.

• 2 weeks later...

Our cheapest cruise was the carnival inspiration out of tampa for 5 days 250.00 it included port charges and a balcony. we had the best 5 days we ever had the most expensive was on the Oasis of the Seas. Balcony and it was 1200.00 pp, at Central Park. We booked it way before the ship was thought about, it was in the building stage. It was our 23rd Anniv and this year since our birthdays and anniv fall on the same day, we are celebrating 3 events in one.

The next biggy trip we are taking is back to back in June, where we fly to Rome, take that to Ft. Lauderdale and then Ft. Lauderdale back to Rome with another cruise line... I think this should be fun. Then again in Next Nov go to China, Singapore, Viet Nam and Phillipines. I can not wait, I am spending my grandkids inheritance and they already got their inheritance. I bought my grand-daughter a new car several years ago my other grandson a house with his family and my newest grand-daughter a college education when she decides to go in fifteen years or so.

When we first got married I saved my entire paycheck for the grand kids now they got theirs now its grammies time to rock and roll and have fun with grandpa!

Sweet

I am jealous :) We are so longing for DH's retirement so that we will have some flexiblility on dates to take advantage of lower rates. He works on an academic calendar so only has school holidays - these are the high dollar times as most of you know. If we could cruise just a week earlier or later, we would save at least 30% - More if we could go at off-peak times.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We won an online auction bid for $474 pp all taxes included for a 12 night British Isles cruise from London to Copenhagen. We can see why the 5 star cruise line went broke!! Great find and wonderful cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

The Voyager had cabins for $299 - inside in May 2011 - Galveston to Barcelona for 14 days. That was a steal.

We were afraid to book it because of the lack of light and took an outside instead. Since then we did the Mariner TA in October 2011- Rome to Galveston for 16 days in an inside and loved it. Wish now we had taken advantage of the Voyager's great bargain.

We've booked several transatlantic or other repositioning cruises for a little over $50/day-pp for an outside cabin. Repositioning cruises are the way to go. Plus, the crew is always in a good mood because they're changing ports.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only ever done one cruise so far and that was a 7 night Western Med on the NCL Epic last Oct from Barcelona. I had a balcony cabin to myself for GBP 340.00 which incl grats. I also got a $100.00 OBC. That was the best deal I ever got for a holiday.

Happy Cruising

Gerry.

My DW saw an cruise on the Norwegian Sun for 7 days for $599 out of San Francisco in 2007. We booked it and a week after our booking, they consolidated all the 7 day cruises into groups of 10 day cruises because the 7 days were not selling well. They asked if we wanted to do the 10 days or get a refund, we chose to do the 10 day with added ports.

So we got a 10 day cruise for a 7 day price, which was great, but they also gave us back $200 each for the inconvenience.

So it ended up being $399 for a 10 day cruise out of San Francisco, our home, so no flying either. Had a great time and it was cheap.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
We took a 13 day transatlantic on Celebrity Constellation in April 2010 for about $1100 total, for 2, with all fees and taxes. We took a 11 day trip on Costa to the Mediterranean (including Egypt and Israel) last Nov/Dec. for about the same price. We are considering other long cruises, possibly a South Pacific or South America. I was just wondering what kind of other great deals people have found. We got both of our listed cruises last minute, about 1-2 months before they sailed.

$450 p.p. OV

NCL-Sun

14 days

SA Buenos Aires to Santiago

March 2009