Soda & More Package: Milkshakes

yuccaman

I see that milkshakes are included in Soda & More. Where can you get these, specifically on Coral Princess (which I know has less venues than certain other ships)?

You can get them at the Ice Cream Bar. On the Coral it is next to the Lotus Pool by the center elevators.

You can get them at the Ice Cream Bar. On the Coral it is next to the Lotus Pool by the center elevators.

Cool, thanks! Wasn't sure if there were a variety of locations, or not. That's a location we will be frequenting, anyway! :)

Edited by yuccaman

Is this offered only on certain ships? We sail on the Crown end of November and milkshakes aren't listed under the soda's and more package. It states, "Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge."

Is this offered only on certain ships? We sail on the Crown end of November and milkshakes aren't listed under the soda's and more package. It states, "Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge."

All mention of milkshakes was removed from the Soda & More Package description--and even the online listing of items available at the Ice Cream stands--around a year ago. But every report from the field indicates that milk shakes are still available and included in the package on all ships that originally had them (no shakes on Pacific, Royal or Regal). If and when this changes I am sure this board will erupt with the news.

All mention of milkshakes was removed from the Soda & More Package description--and even the online listing of items available at the Ice Cream stands--around a year ago. But every report from the field indicates that milk shakes are still available and included in the package on all ships that originally had them (no shakes on Pacific, Royal or Regal). If and when this changes I am sure this board will erupt with the news.

And the lack of the milkshakes on those three ships is the reason it was removed from the description as people bought the package and then learned on board there were no milkshakes available.

Do those three ships not even have ice cream bars? :eek: I thought all had some kind of ice cream service during the day?

Unless they are from hard ice cream I don't want one anyway. I don't like all the stuff they put in soft ice cream. I love milk and will drink it.

Milkshakes are made with hard ice cream, sauce, milk. You will be asked if you want cream on top.

I believe the the hard ice cream is vanilla, strawberry, chocolate. You can ask for the hard ice cream if you want it in a cone or cup instead of the soft serve ice cream.

Dining room will have a different hard ice cream flavour each day.

Do those three ships not even have ice cream bars? :eek: I thought all had some kind of ice cream service during the day?

Regal and Royal have smaller ice cream bars up at the pool. They didn't build them with hard ice cream freezers and blenders. Soft serve only available, "free" to all.

Regal and Royal also have bigger gelato places downstairs in the Piazza. They don't have blenders there either. Gelato and sundaes for a fee.

• 9 months later...

Just got off the Emerald. Booked with Sip n Sail long before milkshakes removed from the card. My grandkids were refused milkshakes and told there would be a charge. I went back with them and got he same answer from the young lady serving them. She relented after I insisted they should be included. I then went to a supervisor.

The supervisor apologized and said milkshakes were no longer included with new bookings but were included if purchases before the change. He admitted implementation was poor because there is no way for the server to know when the package was purchased. So, Princess is putting the passengers and the servers in an awkward spot. The young lady was just trying to do her job, and I was just trying to get what was promised when I booked.

They should have distinctive stickers based on booking date until all pre-change bookings are past. I will include that comment on the post-cruise survey.

Just got off the Emerald. Booked with Sip n Sail long before milkshakes removed from the card. My grandkids were refused milkshakes and told there would be a charge. I went back with them and got he same answer from the young lady serving them. She relented after I insisted they should be included. I then went to a supervisor.

The supervisor apologized and said milkshakes were no longer included with new bookings but were included if purchases before the change. He admitted implementation was poor because there is no way for the server to know when the package was purchased. So, Princess is putting the passengers and the servers in an awkward spot. The young lady was just trying to do her job, and I was just trying to get what was promised when I booked.

They should have distinctive stickers based on booking date until all pre-change bookings are past. I will include that comment on the post-cruise survey.

For the sake of those that don't know exactly what you are referring too. ;)

Can you be a tad more detailed about what sticker/program you are talking about.

You say sip and sail and to me that means the AIBP/(all inclusive beverage package).

I think you are referring to the 3rd and 4th or those in the cabin that get a soda and more sticker.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Were you given a limit on your alcohol drinks for Sip & Sail?

I didn't see anything about a limit. In any case, DW and I are not big drinkers, so we wouldn't come close to any but the most austere limit. We only took the package because it was offered, and we could only get $150 each OBC if we turned it down. (7-day cruise.). We were with two wine drinkers and thought the 40% discount on bottles they and DW drank each night might have made it worth more than the OBC offered. I'm not sure we broke even. We would never get our money's worth at the usual AIBP price.

I didn't see anything about a limit. In any case, DW and I are not big drinkers, so we wouldn't come close to any but the most austere limit. We only took the package because it was offered, and we could only get $150 each OBC if we turned it down. (7-day cruise.). We were with two wine drinkers and thought the 40% discount on bottles they and DW drank each night might have made it worth more than the OBC offered. I'm not sure we broke even. We would never get our money's worth at the usual AIBP price.

Probably there was no limit on the Emerald. Was just trying to find out from recent passengers to verify other's posts on apparent limits that still remain unconfirmed.

Thank you for the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the fine print I found on the Princess website about the Soda & More package specifically in regards to the Sip and Sail promo: Free Unlimited Soda & More Package is valid only for guests 3 & 4 per stateroom. The Unlimited Soda & More Package includes tumbler with straw, fountain soda by the glass, Root Beer in the can, malt and thick shakes at the ice cream bars only, hot chocolate, fruit juices and mocktails, with pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items.

I was only interested in the package if it included milkshakes- so based on all the back & forth on cruise critic of yes included and no not-- I email'd princess in June 2017 before my July 5 cruise to get in writing what was included- I posted this in a recent thread- if things have changed since then its possible it is not correct- but that email was from June 30, 2017

I was only interested in the package if it included milkshakes- so based on all the back & forth on cruise critic of yes included and no not-- I email'd princess in June 2017 before my July 5 cruise to get in writing what was included- I posted this in a recent thread- if things have changed since then its possible it is not correct- but that email was from June 30, 2017

I suggest you bring along anything you have in writing stating you can get the shakes. The issue is obviously fraught with inconsistency and miscommunication.

This was a minor but unnecessary inconvenience on an otherwise great cruise for my family and myself.

I am a little confused. Are the milkshakes included with the regular AIBP package?

Thanks

Yes. ANY drink within the price range is included. That's why it's called the All Inclusive Beverage Package.