Photo review: Celestyal Crystal 1/23/17 - 1/30/17

steamboats

I just started my review with a deck by deck tour of the ship. The text is in German but there are plenty of photos (and google translate helps you to get the sense of my writing). More ship photos can be found here on my DHs website.

This will be a very extense review as we started out with a three night bus round trip prior to the cruise and ended with a four night stay in a beach hotel in Varadero. Therefore it will take quite a time until it´s finished (ahem... more than 4,500 photos have to be sorted). And I´m still waiting for my lost suitcase (where all my papers are in - it´s scheduled to arrive tomorrow). I will keep you updated in this thread when I publish new entries.

I can´t tell you anything about the people to people program as I did not have to participate as a German citizen. The only thing I can answer are what lectures where held onboard (day/time - as soon as I get my suitcase). The lecturer was pretty good (and his lectures were highly recommended by our German speaking contact person onboard).

steamboats

Thanks to all for your kind words!

Karen, no, as they do interporting in Montego Bay there are alway passengers onboard. But we tend to get up early on a sea day while others are still sleeping ;).

Part 2 is online. Cabin will follow later today. Part 2 is pretty much text as it is about extra costs onboard. You will find the regular bar menu. Although we are wine drinkers and there´s only one wine included (one white, one rosé, one red) we didn´t think it´s worth paying the extra 10$ pp/pd for the Premium package. Wines by the bottle start with a surcharge of 10.95 $ and there are many wines available for 10.95 or 12.95 $ (per bottle! surcharge for those who have the Blue Package). Other excluded drinks are available for a surcharge (but there aren´t too many). Beer drinkers - try out the Cuban Cristal first! It´s pretty good.

steamboats

Part 4 is online - but this is mainly tipps for German visitors to Cuba.

With part 5 finally the trip itself starts... but sorry, folks, we´re flying to Varadero... not much more than this.

But the next day is an very extense day with the start of our bus round trip.

steamboats

Karen,

The sea was no problem on the way to Jamaica. We had a rough sea going out of Havana and returning to Havana. Going out the open decks on deck 5 were closed. The forward elevators were shut down. The Cuban North coast had a couple of storms and rough weather the days prior to our return. Therefore the sea was still a bit rough. We don´t have any problems with that but there was a lot of noise with the waves bashing against the ship on deck 3 where our cabin was located. Some waves made it up to our window.

Here´s the second day at sea. We had the pleasure being invited to a bridge tour.

steamboats