laundry Package

We recently returned from our 17 day Bali to Fiji cruise and failed to mention in my report our laundry package. Oh, my gosh, this service saved me and my husband during the cruise and afterwards. Every evening we would list our clothing on the laundry sheet, place the clothing in the PG's cloth laundry bag and then put the bag on the outside rack on our door. You can, of course, leave it on your bed for your steward to take in the morning. Every evening by no later than 5:30 our clothes were returned either folded or on hangers depending what we requested. Each piece was laundered and pressed beautifully.

I could have taken less clothing. Next time I will take 2 of everything so that I will have one to wear and one to have in the laundry. I didn't give my dinner clothing since they were more delicate.

You must request the laundry package at least one day prior to embarkation. You can call directly for the service or ask your TA to request it. Pricing is by the number of days one is cruising. Check the PG website for pricing.

I came home with 5 pieces of clothing to wash! I didn't have to spend time washing loads of clothing and best of all NO IRONING.

Did you send out anything that needed low heat or hanging for drying? I am a little concerned about shrinking.

I worry about this too. I usually don't dry my knit tops at all, for instance. I did send some tshirts out on Regent last winter, and they came back beautiful, but...

Whatever we have given to the PG laundry comes back in pristine shape. Colin even gave his silk Tommy Bahama shirts. We have never bothered with taking the package so far. Used to travelling with the kitchen sink! Also since we get the 8 free pieces if we need anything done then we pay for it individually.

Yes the laundry when we get home is hellish but then once done they are tossed into suitcases for the next trip.

Both of us have now acquired a travelling wardrobe of Columbia type shirts that are totally wash and wear...dry within three hours and dont need ironing.

When we cruised with PG back in 2013 I was also concerned about shrinkage using the laundry package. I ended up separating all the delicate Cold/Cold No dryer type of clothing into another bag and marked on the form No Dryer, Hang to dry. Every piece came back perfectly ! I would highly recommend. The only type of clothing we didn't send was Dry Clean Only.

When we cruised with PG back in 2013 I was also concerned about shrinkage using the laundry package. I ended up separating all the delicate Cold/Cold No dryer type of clothing into another bag and marked on the form No Dryer, Hang to dry. Every piece came back perfectly ! I would highly recommend. The only type of clothing we didn't send was Dry Clean Only.

DGK,

Can you send me an email. Mine to you is bouncing back.

Thanks,

M

Everything came back fine. I mistakenly sent a line dry blouse and it came back just in it's original sizing.

I should have sent one of my jersey dresses for a test but was a bit afraid.

Of course, any "shrinkage" one might have, might be due to the wonderful food and drink on the ship!

We have free dry cleaning too.For some reason my blouse was returned un- dry cleaned duemechanical problems. We elected to purchase the laundry package since 8 free pieces would not take us very far on a 17 day cruise!

To did the Fiji to Bali trip and had the laundry package also. LOVE IT!! We pay $279 but when we figured it out it would have cost us close to$500 if we would have done it by piece. Unfortunately my husband goes Thur many shirts a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were doubters about the laundry pkg as we often hand wash our own items while traveling. We decided to just go for it after doing a little math and realizing our per item bill may come to about $300 for 10 days. It came in real handy on even the first day as we washed numerous items from our 4 day pre-cruise stay. All items came back in good condition, but I did not give them a wool shirt. The delicate sweater I gave them seemed to go fine.

On the topic of laundry... for those who have purchased dyed or hand painted pareos, how do you launder them at home? Any issues with bleeding or fading?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums