Packing list

Here's what I pack so I don't have to buy anything extra on bored. Once your own the boat things like sunscreen are more expensive. This is a good base for new cruisers. Feel free to add any other tips or tricks on packing and what you bring. bb358712fc121c127939b8917624768d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And what do you advise for the male of the species ?????

If your cruising I would still suggest most of this you probably don't need like elegant dress, sun dresses, cover up , bras, night gowns, perfume. You could bring a suit , a pool side tshirt/ wife beater, I would bring like nice shorts polo style and probably some basket ball shorts, I feel like most guys sleep in boxers so wouldn't worry to much about that, and maybe some like old spice body spray. My husband brings sandals and a pair of flip flops, if we plan on doing any hiking type excursions he will bring his hiking boots. He also always brings a pair of jeans and a hoodie.

are carry on which you carry on the first day with anything you need before you room is ready most people bring like a change of clothes, a swimsuit, passport, id, insurance card, boarding pass, a lanyard and all the documents to get on the boat.... and then we turn it into an excursion bag for the week once the room Is ready with a water bottle, towel , poncho, documents/ money, sunscreen. Also in my packing, I have my own personal mini pharmacy bag things are way expensive on the boat and normally I just refill as needed and keep with my luggage.

Interesting list. I assume it is for cruising in the Caribbean. Our first cruise was to Alaska, so, I didn't take sundresses and flip-flops.

Also, I use the soap, shampoo and conditioner supplied by the cruise line, I don't bother taking my own.

I realize many people use a lanyard, but not for me.

But, why do you need a "gift card for ac" and "bungie cords"? I've never packed these, what am I missing?

Here are my two lists. Pretty much get me by wherever we're heading.

Miscellaneous list:

Passport(s)

Airline ticket(s) and other travel confirmation docs.

Frequent flyer card(s)

Spray bottle for water

Curlers and (maybe) hair dryer (before you start...I carry the curlers for my wife!)

Plug adapters and voltage converter

Laptop and charger

Umbrella(s) and ponchos

Cruise specific stuff: lanyards, hole punch, hanging storage, can cooler, towel clips, suction hooks, video and audio cables, Bluetooth speaker and transmitter, power extension cord and multi-outlet plug

Unlocked mobile phone AC adapter Top-up cards Manual

US mobile phone AC adapter Manual

Check book and ATM card

Bags for Socks and Underwear

Coffee fixings: Filter coffee, Sugar, Milk, Spoon (yes I really do take unmarked bags of white powder through airports! LOL!)

Eyeshades

Earplugs x 2+ sets (plus swimming ones in summer)

Washcloth for glasses

Transit pass cover(s) and Oyster card(s) (if visiting UK)

Suntan lotion (summer)

Digital camera and accessories

TV Universal remote and programming instructions

Moleskin and Band-aids

Spare glasses

Backpack

Folding carry-on bag

Earphones x 2

Altoids

Money pouch: Swiss Army knife, Folding Scissors, Eyeglass Screwdriver, Tweezers, File

Toiletries case: Shave cream, Razor and case, Moisturizer, Moose, Cologne, Hair Spray, Toothpaste, Toothbrush and case, Floss, Proxy brush, Hair brush, Comb, ChapStik

Miscellaneous case: AAA batteries, Flashlight, Sewing kit, Lint brush, Aspirins, Pen, Comb, Wet naps

City maps, guide books, English to whatever dictionaries

Clothing list:

GENERAL:

Shirts

Pants

Underwear

Sleep shorts

Sleep shirts

Gym shorts

Short white sport socks

Long socks

Dress socks

Belts – black and brown

Dress shoes – black

Walking shoes – brown

Running shoes/Trainers

Ball cap(s)

Tie(s)

Sport coat or suit

SUMMER:

T-shirts

Shorts

Bathing suit

Sandals

WINTER:

Jacket or Coat

Jeans

Sweaters

Woolly hat

Gloves

Scarf

FORMAL:

Tux

Tux shirt

Tux socks

Tux shoes

Braces (suspenders)

Bow tie

Cufflinks and studs

Yes this is a Caribbean list. On norweigon you have to have a card in the spot in the room to keep the lights and ac running other wise they turn off when you leave. The bungee cords are for some balcony doors so they don't slam shut with wind.

Yes this is a Caribbean list. On norweigon you have to have a card in the spot in the room to keep the lights and ac running other wise they turn off when you leave. The bungee cords are for some balcony doors so they don't slam shut with wind.

Thanks for the reply. I've never been on a ship that need a card in the slot to keep ac on - I wonder how common that is?

And for the bungee cords - I've always read that you are NOT to keep your balcony doors open - it causes problems for the ac in nearby cabins.