help to choose family cruise room ?

abonoor

i would like to have my first cruise but i face a problem, we are couple with 3 kids , my kids are scaring to be alone , is there any room can accommodate couple and 3 kids ( 15 year , 12 year and 6 year )

regards

Mun

The family oceanview cabins on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are great for this. You will get a much larger stateroom- but still only one bathroom unfortunately. We sailed in one on Radiance of the Seas with three adults and two children and was excellent- with one adult and one child sharing a curtained-off bunk room. The Celebrity family rooms are even bigger and have separate bedrooms. Unfortunately these sell out quickly as only 6 or so per ship. Much cheaper than a suite or connecting staterooms- but they are other options (including the clever interconnecting rooms on Oasis class RCI ships). Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are very welcome. Happy to answer any questions on the Royal Caribbean family staterooms. I don't have many photos sorry but had two large forward facing windows which had large flat areas that the kids liked sitting in! fd2489a5a6f23704f534fc6ccbf6ee02.jpg

Carnival will put five in a quad cabin in the Fantasy class ships, plus Sunshine, Triumph and victory. Carnival Dream class and Vista have Deluxe Oceanview cabins for five which have a split bath: shower and toilet in one room, sink and tub/shower in the other. Many ships have side by side cabins with a connecting door in the wall between. EM

I see that you are in Bahrain. Where do you wish to cruise? Many of us are talking about ships that only sail from the US. If you tell us where you wish to go, we can focus on ships/cruise lines that sail in that area. EM

Royal Caribbean also has the Royal Family Suite. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms (one with a tub), living room, and a large balcony. They typically don't list the price online, so you need to call to get the price. We had one of these on our 1st cruise (4 adults and a 15 mo. old). My dad booked it and paid for it, so I'm not sure what the cost was 5 years ago, but he did say it was $400 more than two balcony cabins. The upside is that if you are suite guest you get Gold member benefits on the ship.

If price is an issue, I'd book adjoining room and leave the door between room open. This is available on most ships.

i would like to have my first cruise but i face a problem, we are couple with 3 kids , my kids are scaring to be alone , is there any room can accommodate couple and 3 kids ( 15 year , 12 year and 6 year )

regards

Mun

NCL's newer ships (Breakaway, Getaway, Escape) have family oceanview rooms that hold 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In CONNECTING cabins, the kid's aren't "alone"..they are closer than in their own bedrooms, at home! There is a door between the 2 cabins...so everyone has immediate access to the other cabin. That's the way I'd go. Usually cheaper than a suite!

In CONNECTING cabins, the kid's aren't "alone"..they are closer than in their own bedrooms, at home! There is a door between the 2 cabins...so everyone has immediate access to the other cabin. That's the way I'd go. Usually cheaper than a suite!

This. Can't beat private space for adults and kid space for kids.

I totally agree with this. We've never cruised in a real suite due to the price (much more), but having 2 connected rooms is a great thing. More storage, extra bathroom, some privacy, everything.

When we travel on land, I try to book a 1 bedroom 'suite' for the same reasons (subject to cost and how long we'll be there.)

The only downside is we stayed in a single room a La Quinta on the way to visit my parents this summer, because pets stay free. My 7YO daughter walked in, looked around, and said "where's the other room?" :eek:

• 5 weeks later...

wow what is a great forum , many ppl are replay on me, many thanks for all of you.

currantly i decede to cruise on jabuary 2019 , i have checked the cruise which is leaving from dubai , its called MSC speledida , 2 interior cabine for couple and 3 kids ( 15 year , 12 year and 6 year ) , the total cost by expedia is 2160 $ , i contact the TA and he say it will cost me 2000$ and have to pay the service charge while cruising ( Adult10 euro and child 5 euro) per night.

please see below example for one room at expedia rate , is there any hidden cost ? please giver me advise ,

Capture.jpg

many thanks for all

As far as required costs, the fare (plus tax and port fees) and gratuities are typically it. However... MSC is a bit of a different animal. They have different T&Cs depending on where you live (ie; book the cruise) and where it sails from. For instance, water is not free in the MDR on MSC ships, except for the ships cruising out of Miami. Though, I think that may be different depending on where you book. I don't have a clue if it applies in Asia/Dubai.

They also have the experience levels, which may result in you paying more (or less) for certain things. For instance with Bella there is a charge for room service (though again this may vary depending on where you book and where you sail.) Of course, you do not need to order room service.

You might want to pop over the the MSC boards and ask, or read a bit, to get a more reliable answer.

Note that the TA rate you mention may be cheaper because MSC allows discounting much more freely than Carnival and such. Again, may vary case by case, but that could be the difference in rate.