Airport (Hobby) To Galveston (and back) - Best Options?

I will be flying in on a Friday in October for a Sunday sailing out of Galveston. What are the best options for getting to Galveston? I was thinking I would go with Uber but I'm unclear about what the rates are. If there is a shuttle or car service I'm interested in learning about those options. Thank you in advance!!

We've used both the Carnival shuttle and Galveston Express from Hobby, and prefer the Carnival shuttle. Carnival uses a roomy bus, whereas GE uses a cramped mini-van type vehicle. Also, we waited FOREVER to depart Hobby with GE, whereas with Carnival it was a relatively quick departure.

Can you take the Carnival bus if you're cruising on RCCL?

There are no cruise line buses running on days other than cruise days so this isn't even an option for you on Friday when you arrive. Each cruise line has its own charter buses. Just speak with guest services to see what they have available.

Check out Galveston Limo. on line price was $40 each round trip when we booked for upcoming cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

JUST FYI.....their online rate just went $55 r/t per person from Hobby A/P. I founfd this out this morning (7/19/17) They said they now have to pay the port to be allowed in so they need to pass the expense to "you & me"

JUST FYI.....their online rate just went $55 r/t per person from Hobby A/P. I founfd this out this morning (7/19/17) They said they now have to pay the port to be allowed in so they need to pass the expense to "you & me"

Galveston Express has a "SUMMER" coupon code you can enter when booking online. It will give you a 20% discount.

Galveston Express has a "SUMMER" coupon code you can enter when booking online. It will give you a 20% discount.

This is true but it only goes for service through August 31st 2017.....September cruises right now are out of luck with this code.

Great, I was going to book with them for our April cruise but was waiting for our flight schedule to come out so I could give them a time. Boy cruising out of here is expensive, this will be the last time.

There are no cruise line buses running on days other than cruise days so this isn't even an option for you on Friday when you arrive. Each cruise line has its own charter buses. Just speak with guest services to see what they have available.

Galveston Limo

Flying in for a cruise or vacation on the island? We service both Houston Hobby and Bush Intercontinental airports

Need to get to Galveston for a cruise? We serve all of Houston and surrounding areas.

Galveston Times :

Cruise Terminal & Hotels

Monday - Friday

Galveston 6:05AM(call to book) 8:05AM 10:35AM 1:35PM 3:30PM

Saturday - Sunday

Galveston 6:05AM 8:05AM 9:05AM 10:05AM 11:05AM 12:05PM 1:35PM 3:30PM

View Details

Airport Times :

Monday - Friday

IAH HOU 8:30AM 9:30AM 10:30AM 11:30AM 11:35AM 12:35PM 12:30PM 1:30PM 2:00PM 3:00PM 4:00PM 5:00PM 6:00PM 7:00PM

Saturday - Sunday

IAH HOU 8:30AM 9:30AM 9:31AM 10:31AM 10:30AM 11:30AM 11:35AM 12:35PM 12:30AM 1:30PM 2:00PM 3:00PM 4:00PM 5:00PM 6:00PM 7:00PM

Edited by ssb

For September and August us EXPRESS for a 15% discount.

Fantastic.....not only that , I see they dropped their round trip price back to $50 p/p to and from Houston-Hobby. They must have realized they were losing a few customers to the competition.

How do you so blatantly get to advertise your business? I never requested any information about your business. I was simply responding to someone else's comment.

Not my business . I'm retired.

Cut and paste off their website.

Yes wording does imply it's mine, that's what on website. I saw that after edit time expired. Could not change it.

I was just showing a transfer service on days not of cruise, in response to your comment.

Report it if you like.

I have recommended Galveston Express many times also.. I live here or I would use that service . Express has a great looking fleet at car wash, and service has good reviews! I thank Express for service , Galveston needs transfers badly for airline cruisers with days not of cruise. These are tourists coming for extra days on island. .

Edited by ssb

Not my business . I'm retired.

Cut and paste off their website.

Yes wording does imply it's mine, that's what on website. I saw that after edit time expired. Could not change it.

I was just showing a transfer service on days not of cruise, in response to your comment.

Report it if you like.

I have recommended Galveston Express many times also.. I live here or I would use that service . Express has a great looking fleet at car wash, and service has good reviews! I thank Express for service , Galveston needs transfers badly for airline cruisers with days not of cruise. These are tourists coming for extra days on island. .

By your own admission you live in Galveston and do not use these services yourself. Please stop mentioning any of these services and let the cruise passengers handle it. Cruise passengers want to hear from other cruise passengers and not locals who appear to have a preference for one company over another.

By your own admission you live in Galveston and do not use these services yourself. Please stop mentioning any of these services and let the cruise passengers handle it. Cruise passengers want to hear from other cruise passengers and not locals who appear to have a preference for one company over another.

Yes, live in Galveston. Unknown to you is how much we cruise, the majority not from Galveston so we are required to fly from Hobby and IAH. Would you like to know when our next reservation for this service is scheduled?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good observation. Galveston has a bad name historically in the cruise industry. Issues are fog, disembarkation, in the past inefficient terminal #2, distance to/from airports, lack of transfer services, rental car services, two night stays, highway construction, ingress/egress terminals and etc.. We have had to defend Galveston to the hilt! All of these have improved extensively including transfers to/from airports.

We have cruised extensively, and have cruise friends locally, domestically and internationally that we talk to constantly.They are asking questions constantly. We read cruise critic and and other internet media sites constantly. They're information and yours locally is a wealth of information as is their experiences and knowledge . We and they and you are all tourist ambassadors for Galveston. I try to help with accurate and helpful information to everyone in need as you do also. My information under no attempt was preferencing one company over a another. Look at all my other posts.

Edited by ssb

I am looking for a hotel that will pick me up from hobby the day before then 1 night stay in Galveston , transport me to the cruise and even return me to hobby when cruise is over . any suggestions will be a big help . I fly in the last sat n of march 2018 to embark on the liberty that sunday. thanks for any help you can give

I for one appreciate locals giving advice, I am smart enough to make my own decisions but it is nice to have options to compare. Will check both Galveston Express and Galveston Limo, for our December Carnival Breeze trip. Plans have changed and we are spending 1 night prior to cruise in Houston, 1 night post cruise in Galveston. Need to see if either does Hotel to Ship, Hotel to Airport transfers.