NOLA Hotel question

abcmom123

We are cruising out of New Orleans on NCL. We depart March 25 and are looking for a hotel for the night of the 24th. I have been trying to find a decent hotel close to port for a reasonable price. I keep getting "sold out for your dates" messages from individual hotel sites. One booking website says New Orleans is 62% booked for my dates. I have tried looking to see if there is a large convention or something that would account for the bump in price and availability. It is after Mardi Gras so I was hoping that I wouldn't have to pay top dollar (it is a weekend night so I do anticipate additional $ for that) I have a reservation ($400 @ Hilton Riverside) but it is more than I want to spend. Was hoping someone local might have some insight as to whether or not there is hope for a drop in price/improved inventory or if I should resign myself and fork over my Hilton Honors points. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I just checked the Drury Inn and they have rooms available. Came in at $249 for a king room. Drury is about 8 blocks from the port. Some times it pays to use a booking site to see what is in the area you are going to and then checking on the hotel websites themselves. I am doing the same cruise on the 25th of February and want to stay at the Hilton Riverside. Several sites were showing sold out but their site I was able to get a river view for $305.

If you aren't opposed to Hotwire, check them out. If you need two beds be sure to search for 2 adults and 2 children. The 3* hotel in the in the warehouse district for $150 should be Staybridge Suites which is just a couple blocks from Hilton Riverside. They also have free breakfast.

I think you'll find the 3.5* in the warehouse district for $160 to be the Hyatt Place convention center which is about as close to the port as you can get.

I guess I should throw this option out there as well...if you want to stay at Hilton Riverside but just save money. It's on Hotwire for $261 as the 4* hotel with 90% recommendation in the French Quarter-Mississippi River area.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the info! I appreciate the help wildcatllamas and saint greg. I think we are going to stick with the Hilton Riverside and use our points.....can't beat $0! Looking forward to our first time on NOLA!