Place to hang handwashables/laundry?

plantguy

Thank you for the quick response. I really appreciate it. I have read the laundry thread where people have said that their "line dry only" items came back fine, but when I phoned Paul Gauguin's customer service, they told me that the ship has no place in their laundry area to hang dry anything, so they put all the laundry in the dryers.

The ship could be putting those pieces in the dryer on no heat or low heat. The laundry is extremely cautious with the clothing. Just be sure to separate those special pieces with a note in the laundry bag. I was extremely happy with my laundry results.

Edited by Cruisedreamer1
more detail

Thank you Cruisedreamer1. I was hesitant about using the ship's laundry, but it would definitely be easier than hand washing/hanging my things or packing too many items. I will reconsider the laundry option.

We were in 438 last February. There was a clothes line that you could pull across the bath/shower. It was ok, but things never dried past damp. The better place to dry was in the window area. I did start sending some bathing suits and cover ups to the PG laundry by the middle of the week, just to get dry bathing suits and cover ups! I brought 4-5 suits, but it seemed like we were always in and out of the water and sometimes needed 2 suits per day. For example, we would spend the day snorkeling, come back and change into normal clothes, then want to swim in the PG pool (which is GREAT! Perfect for lazing around. Deep, even though not large, and never crowded.)

Enjoy your trip! We loved Tahiti in February. :D

The Laundry package for a 7 day cruise is $129. It is very expensive to piece meal the laundry unless you don't have much to do. If you read Luckybeckys review on her trip, I think she took a picture of the prices (approx. $5-7 per item).