Live from Emerald Waterways: 7 Reasons to Cruise Portugal's Douro River

LauraS

Another non luxury product being pushed on the luxury board. If you want luxury from that same company you'll have to sail in Scenic. Plus isn't this a board for ocean cruises. River cruises have their own separate board.

Another non luxury product being pushed on the luxury board. If you want luxury from that same company you'll have to sail in Scenic. Plus isn't this a board for ocean cruises. River cruises have their own separate board.

We even have an "Ultra-Deluxe" barge thread on this board where the TS said that she knows that it doesn't belong here.

I'm not sure if this board is only for ocean cruises. There are so few "true" luxury cruise lines that I am not personally bothered by having Scenic or a couple of other non-ocean lines here. What is difficult to take is having "premium plus" and "Ultra-Deluxe" included (as well as using the luxury board for everything Hapag-Lloyd - whether or not it is of interest to luxury cruisers),

Agree that many of these river cruise posts belong on the river cruise website. However, the TS on another thread stated "I'm reposting the following here because I received no gladness on the River Cruising threads". :mad:

(as well as using the luxury board for everything Hapag-Lloyd - whether or not it is of interest to luxury cruisers),

The fact that you have an antipathy towards Hapag-Lloyd Cruises does not negate the fact that it is a, if not the, luxury Cruise Line, and as such warrants inclusion in this board.

There are 'luxury cruisers' who look beyond your chosen quartet of Crystal, Regent, Seabourn, and Silversea

The fact that you have an antipathy towards Hapag-Lloyd Cruises does not negate the fact that it is a, if not the, luxury Cruise Line, and as such warrants inclusion in this board.

There are 'luxury cruisers' who look beyond your chosen quartet of Crystal, Regent, Seabourn, and Silversea

You are absolutely right. I did not mean that Hapag-Lloyd isn't a luxury cruise line. My point is that the "quartet" of luxury cruise Iines also have their own board where we can discuss the minutiae of cruising on our luxury line of choice. Things that are not really relevant to this board. Unfortunately Hapag-Lloyd does not have such a board so their customers have no choice other than to come to the luxury board.

Agree - there are luxury cruisers that look beyond Crystal, Regent, Seabourn and Silversea. Being from North America, I am interested in English speaking cruise lines that are basically in competition with each other. Over the years I've watched the changes occur when one cruise line goes non-smoking for example. One by one the other three cruise Iines followed suit. The same occurred with dress code and other things. If I lived in Europe or Asia or Australia, I'd likely be interested in luxury cruise lines either based there or are advertised heavily there. To be honest, I've never seen an ad for Hapag-Lloyd - either on television in magazines. This is likely due to the reasons I stated.

Hope that this makes sense.:)

P.S. Not trying to turn this into another Hapag-Lloyd thread but found this article quite interesting https://www.hapag-lloyd.com/en/press/releases/2017/05/hapag-lloyd-and-uasc-complete-merger.html .

Edited by Travelcat2