New to Disney - Transatlantic

3dogmom

I've been on 30 cruises, mainly with RCCL, but am just starting to plan my first ever Disney cruise. I'm interested in their TA cruises and wonder when they typically release the deployment schedules? I like to book early, as in my experience you get the best price. Does Disney honor price drops? Before/After final payment?

Thanks for any and all Disney newbie information!

I've been on 30 cruises, mainly with RCCL, but am just starting to plan my first ever Disney cruise. I'm interested in their TA cruises and wonder when they typically release the deployment schedules? I like to book early, as in my experience you get the best price. Does Disney honor price drops? Before/After final payment?

Thanks for any and all Disney newbie information!

The TransAtlantic cruises are primarily in May and September. They are released when that time period is released. Typically around 18 months out. Currently the TA cruises are available through Sept 2018.

I got this information from another Disney information site:

looking at historic evidence from the 2015 through 2017, releases could be:

Winter 2019: anytime between September 28, 2017 and November 9, 2017

Summer 2019: anytime between February 15, 2018 and April 5, 2018

Fall 2019: anytime between May 10, 2018 and May 17, 2018

DCL, unlike other cruise lines, does not do "price drops". Typically, as the space onboard fills the prices rise. On those cruises that are not selling well, DCL might offer last minute reduced fares (*GT rates), but those are for new bookings only, you can't transfer an already existing reservation to them.

DCL does honor price drops BEFORE the start of the penalty period. After the penalty date, no way. Any "restricted" fares offered after that time to fill a ship are "new bookings only. However, you need to look at the prices. It is sometimes a better deal to cancel your existing reservation, accept the penalty (typically loss of your deposit, but that increases based on how close you are to the embarkation date), and rebook under the new rate. Of course that also means that you are willing to accept the restrictions of those last minute fares. As above, price drops on DCL are quite rare and usually small when they occur.

Thanks for the replies. I'll monitor the boards for when the TA's are released for the dates that work; probably the September Westbound. I'm planning for 2019.

Are you able to carry on alcohol; whether it be wine or wine/liquor? Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies. I'll monitor the boards for when the TA's are released for the dates that work; probably the September Westbound. I'm planning for 2019.

Are you able to carry on alcohol; whether it be wine or wine/liquor? Thanks again!

DCL's policy on alcohol: each guest age 21 and over may bring onboard a maximum of 2 bottles of wine (750 ml each) OR 6 beers (12 oz each). This allotment may be brought onboard on embarkation and from each port of call.

So you are looking at next May approx for release of the Westbound TA for 2019.

You can take on 2 bottles of wine per each adult (over 21) in the room or 6 beers at each port including the embarkation port. Anything over that will be confiscated and any hard liquor will also