Has anyone done the Drift snorkel on Taha'a?

Twosailors1t

We love to snorkel and have a lot of experience but I am worried about the strenuous description of this activity. I would appreciate some opinions from people who have done it. Also I know this beach experience is supposed to be top notch so is it worth it to give up 3 hours to do the drift snorkel? Thanks!

It's wonderful! I book it every trip through PG. Enjoy!

Downside. Each trip, I've seen people stand on the coral or freak out because the water is too skinny and they don't think they'll pass over corals. The excursion states that this is for experienced snorkelers, and they're right. Sometimes the freak-outers hold up the line behind them.

Have done it at least 10 times ........ as long as you can maneuver yourself in the water to stay straight in the current you will be fine. If you can't don't take the tour. The location/setting at the end of the drift snorkel is my BH's favorite location .... peaceful and so colorful :)

It's wonderful! I book it every trip through PG. Enjoy!

Downside. Each trip, I've seen people stand on the coral or freak out because the water is too skinny and they don't think they'll pass over corals. The excursion states that this is for experienced snorkelers, and they're right. Sometimes the freak-outers hold up the line behind them.

Thanks so much!

Have done it at least 10 times ........ as long as you can maneuver yourself in the water to stay straight in the current you will be fine. If you can't don't take the tour. The location/setting at the end of the drift snorkel is my BH's favorite location .... peaceful and so colorful :)

Ok, that does it! Thanks to both of you we're going to stick with it!

Susan and Joe

Edited by Twosailors1t
Add names

I love snorkeling, but imho too much time and attention is spent maneuvering compared to watching for cool things. That said there was free time at the end to do one's own thing.