With a 11:30 PM departure first night questions.

seaver

Our cruise starts from Venice and has a 11:30 departure, How dose Silversea handle a late night / first night departure? Things like dress code, drill, dinner, all aboard time, sail away party and any other tidbits that may be different.Thanks in advance. Getting Excited less then 2 weeks away!

We've sailed out of Venice twice, once on the Wind and once on the Spirit. The Wind was an late afternoon/early evening departure and Spirit was a late night departure. We had a sail away party-like event on the Wind but nothing for the late night Spirit departure. In fact as I remember on the Spirit even the Pool Bar had closed for the night though you could have gone to one of the other bars and brought drinks back up on deck. The sail away from Venice is pretty spectacular day or night so I'd recommend staying up for your late departure. Might add I think there were probably only 60 or 70 people out on deck for our late departure out of the 500 or so passengers on that cruise. Of course some or many might have experienced it from their verandas.

Sail away can be spectacular or really boring depending on which way the port authority makes the captain go. If you go down the grand canal it is spectacular, if you go the other way it is through, or by an industrial area with nothing to see.