Sel de Mer v Pinnacle

luvn2cruzzz

Will be sailing on the Konigsdam and trying to decide between the Pinnacle and Sel de Mer for our anniversary dinner. Have dined in the Pinnacle many times but the Sel de Mer will be new to us. Thoughts, please.

Following. I have been on more than a dozen HAL cruises, but have never heard of Sel de Mer.

It's a stand-alone specialty restaurant on the Koningsdam. Some ships have introduced it as a one-night specialty at the Pinnacle, instead of their regular menu.

With the K having the Tamarind, I chose that over the Pinnacle for my birthday dinner next month. We will try Sel de Mer as well but so enjoyed the Tamarind on the NA that it was my choice for a special dinner. I prefer it to the Pinnacle.

We have always been underwhelmed by pretty much most specialty restaurants on a variety of cruise lines....Our favorite was on the Carnival Spirit when they first introduced their brand of specialty restaurant and that was mostly due to the outstanding entertainment they had in this venue... We have enjoyed the chef's Table on Carnival a few times...but have passed on the Steak house and Pinnacle Grill on our last few cruises...but we are doing a "do over cruise" to make up for a not so good cruise in January on the Koningsdam...nothing to do with the ship...etc...so I am looking forward to the tamarind and to Sel de Mer in November on the Eurodam...if it doesn't measure up...it will still be all good...we'll be on a cruise...with hopefully better weather and better circumstances...

On the Koningsdam last June, I ate at Sel de Mer, Tamarind and the Pinnacle Grill. I enjoyed the seafood platter very much at Sel de Mer and my companion said the sole was very good.

I enjoyed the Tamarind and would eat there again, but I wouldn't rate it above the Pinnacle. They are very different and good in their own ways.

We just did the Sol de Mer as a pop up in the Pinnacle on the Westerdam last week. We thought it better than than the regular menu and the Le Cirque that it replaces. The biggie is that it is a very heavy seafood menu so your group should enjoy seafood. The fruits de mer were the best!