Tips for cruising with an infant

Gennie36

So, my husband and I are first-time cruisers who got invited on a family vacation cruise to Bermuda. Our baby will be 6mo when we travel, and I'm getting anxious researching all the things we'll need to bring or leave behind. She's still only fed breastmilk & formula, but she'll be starting puréed food in the next couple months.

Will the ship's crew(?) make or sell puréed fruits/veggies?

Are there any places off-limits to infants?

Are laundry services available if needed?

Is a car seat + stroller (travel system) worth bringing? Is a separate lighter umbrella stroller better?

If you have other any helpful cruising advice on anything else related to our situation, we'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

What cruse line are you sailing on? Are you driving to port or flying?

All cruise lines have laundry services, prices vary. You would really not want to send baby clothes to the ship's laundry since they use hot water and fairly harsh detergent. Princess ships and Cunard ships have self-serve laundries.

You should not have any trouble getting fruits and vegetables that you can smash with a fork. The buffet will likely have many food options.

Car seat/stroller vs umbrella stroller depends on what you plan to do on shore and where your daughter is most accustomed to sleeping.

Places that are off-limits for children vary by cruise line but really should not be a problem.

Take plenty of diapers and wipes. Try to stay with her usual nap schedule and just "play it by ear".

Having cruised with our little one starting at 18 months - he's 4 now

Given that you are doing Bermuda, I'm guessing you are doing either NCL or Royal

1) bring whatever you will need - the ship will NOT have diapers / other baby items

2) You may want something like the Munchkin Baby Food Grinder - rather than having to use a fork to smash food

3) more than likely you will not be able to take little one in the pool even with pool diapers

4) go with the flow - you might do naps on X schedule but because of what your plans are that doesn't work - don't fret

5) just be mindful of others - if you are at dinner and little one is acting up step out with her and trade off with family

In regards to the stroller - Not sure how big your cabin is so storage would be the only issue, but at that age I would suggest both that and an carrier (wearable) if you have one

NO pools allow diapers on anyone!! (and a 6 mo. old won't know a thing about pools, anyway!)

Bring a blow up tub for bathing in the shower...unless you book a suite, a shower is all you'll have.

Definitely bring a stroller!!! Nothing too wide, as doorways are quite narrow.

I will be bringing my 8 months old and 3 years old to Bermuda too. Don't forget to bring the sunscreen for your baby since she is 6 months old she can use it, and natural insect repellant. I would suggest bringing an umbrella stroller with you I heard the buses in Bermuda only allow umbrella strollers not the regular one. I will bring a vegetable peeler for peeling the apples , pears to make baby food. Just cut them into small pieces add some water and put it in the microwave to cook it. So we can make our own apple and pear sauce. Don't forget to bring some baby medicine like Tylenol benadryl thermometer , etc. Bring a bottle brush and soap, baby lotion and body wash. I would also bring a baby carrier it is so much easier to travel around with it and doesn't take up spaces. It is ok to eat in the restaurant on the cruise ship even the baby is fussing you don't need to feel bad about it . The ship welcomes people of all ages and kids friendly.

I will be bringing my 8 months old and 3 years old to Bermuda too. Don't forget to bring the sunscreen for your baby since she is 6 months old she can use it, and natural insect repellant. I would suggest bringing an umbrella stroller with you I heard the buses in Bermuda only allow umbrella strollers not the regular one. I will bring a vegetable peeler for peeling the apples , pears to make baby food. Just cut them into small pieces add some water and put it in the microwave to cook it. So we can make our own apple and pear sauce. Don't forget to bring some baby medicine like Tylenol benadryl thermometer , etc. Bring a bottle brush and soap, baby lotion and body wash. I would also bring a baby carrier it is so much easier to travel around with it and doesn't take up spaces. It is ok to eat in the restaurant on the cruise ship even the baby is fussing you don't need to feel bad about it . The ship welcomes people of all ages and kids friendly.

The staff can arrange to puree the baby's food. All you have to do is ask, they will be very accommodating from what I have been told. Not sure where you are finding a microwave on board?

I'm going in three days with a 10 month old. I'm going on Royal Caribbean so I will try to check back.

Where do you think you will find a microwave? Just bring some baby food.