Do I have time to get to Cable Beach?

beckyboo1986

Hi all,

I have one day in Nassau on a RRC Allure of the Seas cruise

I believe the cruise ship should dock at Prince George Wharf so I thought I would walk off the boat and head to Queens stair case.

From there I intend to walk to Straw Market and finally I'd like to go to a beach but I wondered how easy it is to get a taxi along the streets to take me to Cable Beach?

I'll be travelling as a solo female so is this even a safe option?

The cruise ship departs at 14.30 so I'm not sure if there's enough time to enjoy Cable beach or whether I should stay more local and go to Junkanoo beach instead?

Any advice is appreciated thanks.

No need to take an expensive cab when all you have to do is board the number 10 bus in front of the straw market. It costs $1.25 dollar each way. They run continuously and drops and picks you up right in front of any cable beach hotel.

Jitneys - Downtown to Cable Beach -

The #10 jitney (minibus) from Downtown Nassau to Cable Beach cost $1. 25. You can pick it up downtown on Frederick Street, or in front of McDonalds across from the British Colonial Hilton. The jitney will stop anywhere along the way, just say STOP, and the driver will drop you. This bus goes along the Western Esplanade, past Fort Charlotte and Ardastra Garden Entrance, Arawak Cay (Fish Fry), and continues past the Radisson Golf Course, Breezes, Nassau Beach Hotel, Wyndham, Radisson, and Sandals. The #10 bus runs from 6am - 6:30pm daily, and picks up every few minutes in either direction. Just flag them down. (You will see a big #10 on the front and side of the bus).

Edited by rolloman
added info.