Non-denomnational services on longer cruises.

clueless2

It used to be there would be a Protestant Minister aboard for non-denominational services, maybe not on all cruises, but surely on the longer ones. My most recent long cruise experience was 2016 VOV and we had one, a very good one, in fact. Not sure what the present policy is. On my recently completed Alaska cruise aboard the Amsterdam, the Catholic Priest led the non-denominational service and did an excellent job.

Another 49 day cruise question. Does HAL provide a minister to lead non-denominational services on longer cruises or are they crew/passenger lead as on shorter cruises?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a 21 night HAL cruise, and there was a retired Methodist minister onboard who did services on Sundays. I don't know if he was already on the cruise and volunteered his services, or if HAL arranged it. I got the feeling that he (and his wife) were already booked on the cruise and he just made arrangements with HAL to have a space on Sundays for a service. And it was noted in the daily paper.

Last fall when we did the Tales of the South Pacific there was a minister on specifically for services. He did them every day. We enjoyed having diner with him and his wife several times, but I had the impression that HAL was curtailing this. Maybe others who have done longer cruises this year can update us. Thanks, m--

No minister on our Rotterdam 30 day cruise.

Normally the priest helps with this but in our case (I discovered later) the priest didn't make the ship so all services were held by the passengers with the help of crew until one could board in Madeira.

that is an unusual circumstance for sure, but once the priest was on board, there was still no minister - but services were held.

Sadly, a number of HAL Cruise Directors seem to schedule the Interdenominational service and Mass concurrently so the Priest cannot help with the Interdenominational service. With the cutback in Protestant chaplains it should be a given that the Priest does this.

Roy

On our 49 day Amazon cruise in Feb. 2017 we had a wonderful pastor who did Sunday services as well as Bible study of Revelation on sea days. Learned so much from him - he was provided by HAL and also met with crew members when needed.

My husband and I will be doing the 27 day Rotterdam, April 2018 cruise and we are interested in the nondenominational services and a Bible study. The study of Revelation sounds super. I'm hoping that we can organize a Bible study to meet on seadays, at least. What is the best way to put the info out there and see if others are also interested?

My husband and I will be doing the 27 day Rotterdam, April 2018 cruise and we are interested in the nondenominational services and a Bible study. The study of Revelation sounds super. I'm hoping that we can organize a Bible study to meet on seadays, at least. What is the best way to put the info out there and see if others are also interested?

I suggest you ask at the front desk for permission to post on the bulletin board in the Library. m--