All inclusive drink package

Knickearth

we recently booked a cruise and it includes the all inclusive drink package. We love going to the vines prior to dinner for a glass of wine.

If I order at the vines a $13.00 glass of wine, but the package allows drinks that cost 10.00 or less, do I pay the difference or do I pay the entire 13.00.

Does he all inclusive include shakes, ice creams, etc.

thanks in advance:):)

we recently booked a cruise and it includes the all inclusive drink package. We love going to the vines prior to dinner for a glass of wine.

If I order at the vines a $13.00 glass of wine, but the package allows drinks that cost 10.00 or less, do I pay the difference or do I pay the entire 13.00.

ANY drink $10 and under. Hence the word ANY. :)

Most drinks are $10 and under.

If you go over you pay for the entire drink not the difference.

No ice cream, Just DRINKS.

Full price for anything over $10. We chose to buy bottles of wines for glasses that were more than $10 because we felt better about the discount on the bottle than full price on a glass. The two bottles that come to mind are the Anthilia Donnafogata and the Rose champagne at Vines and some reds that I don't recall but that was off the wine list in the MDR, not Vines.

Yes, shakes are included, coffee, bottled water. The fresh squeezed OJ (I'm not talking the OJ at breakfast) has been in included on some cruises and not included on others.

Edited by jennybenny

I've tried to summarise the key facts in my blog post, if it helps!

Sandra

Most wines by the glass are under the price limit of the AIBP

This is from the Beverage Package Evaluator spreadsheet:

Vines: Champagne & Sparkling Wines Domaine Chandon, Brut Cuvee $ 8.25

Vines: Champagne & Sparkling Wines Mirabelle, Brut Rose $ 11.00

Vines: Champagne & Sparkling Wines Nicholas Feuillatte, Brut $ 13.00

Vines: Champagne & Sparkling Wines Veuve Clicquot, Brut $ 17.00

Vines: White Wines Riesling, Jekel $ 7.25

Vines: White Wines Gavi, la Rocca Coppo DOCG $ 7.95

Vines: White Wines Anthilia Donnafugata $ 7.95

Vines: White Wines Sauvignon Blanc, Silverado $ 10.00

Vines: White Wines Sancerre, Roc de l'Abbaye Domaine Mollet-Maudry $ 10.00

Vines: White Wines Pinot Grigio, Estancia $ 9.00

Vines: White Wines Chenin Blanc Viognier, Pine Ridge $ 7.95

Vines: White Wines Chablis, Seigneurie de Tanlay $ 7.95

Vines: White Wines Chardonnay, Chamisal Stainless $ 9.00

Vines: White Wines Gewürztraminer, Hogue $ 6.75

Vines: Rose White Zinfandel, Woodbridge $ 6.75

Vines: Rose Rose, les Fumees Blanches $ 7.25

Vines: Red Wines Pinot Noir, Wild Horse $ 9.00

Vines: Red Wines Chianti Classico Riserva, Ruffino $ 10.00

Vines: Red Wines Sangiovese, Silverado $ 10.00

Vines: Red Wines Malbec, Decero $ 7.95

Vines: Red Wines Nebbiolo Valmaggiore, Bruno Giacosa $ 12.00

Vines: Red Wines Carmenere, Caliterra Tribute $ 7.95

Vines: Red Wines Merlot, Ancient Peaks $ 7.95

Vines: Red Wines Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Maurel & Baudet $ 9.00

Vines: Red Wines Cabernet Sauvignon, Deakin Estate $ 7.25

Vines: Red Wines Cabernet Sauvignon, Sanctuary $ 13.00

Vines: Red Wines Vall Llach Embruix $ 10.00

Vines: Red Wines Petite Sirah, Spellbound $ 7.95

Vines:Red Wines Garnacha, Artazuri $ 7.95

Vines: Red Wines Shiraz, McPherson $ 7.25

Vines: Red Wines Zinfandel, Sextant $ 7.95

wow i'm not a drinker and wouldnt buy the pack but dang....not to give you 10 credit toward the $$$$ ones is really...well..half dollar and silver dollaring it! :mad:

vs nickel and diming. lets hope the comedy on the ship is better than mine.

dont other lines give you the credit at least?

wow i'm not a drinker and wouldnt buy the pack but dang....not to give you 10 credit toward the $$$$ ones is really...well..half dollar and silver dollaring it! :mad:

vs nickel and diming. lets hope the comedy on the ship is better than mine.

dont other lines give you the credit at least?

Some lines will only make you pay the difference but... Their drinks cost more to begin with and their package is more restrictive or is sold as a basic package and a more inclusive package with commensurately higher pricing.

We've always been able to get gelato on the Regal with the card.

We've found the "Liquor Sticker" (AIBP) has worked out great for us and has saved us lots of money!

We've never had it as we won't spend that much money for drinks but... We have it on our next two cruises because we booked them way last year under the previous Sip and Sail. Looking forward to the freedom it will offer. A glass of port of Benedictine after dinner (or a glass of wine with lunch) is something I usually pass on but, with the AIBP, there is no reason to skip it. On a 28 day cruise with 18 sea days it may turn out to be very welcome indeed. :hot-beverage::wine-glass::cocktail::tropical-drink::beer-mug::whiskey-glass:

We now have had the AIBP as a perk from the S'n'S sale. It is very convenient and allows us to try other drinks. I have found drinks that were most objectionable and simply ordered another drink to replace it. Given the price of the AIBP, I could never justify buying it as I don't drink enough even on heavy sea day cruises. Most of our upcoming cruises were booked under the S'n'S so on to more experimentation. :D

Does Princess allow you to Upgrade the package so it will include higher end Wines? HAL has their Signature Beverage that they include in their Explore4 promotion that only allows drinks up to $8.00 value but once on board the ship for not a whole lot of money you can upgrade so that it will include almost all the wines..

Does Princess allow you to Upgrade the package so it will include higher end Wines? HAL has their Signature Beverage that they include in their Explore4 promotion that only allows drinks up to $8.00 value but once on board the ship for not a whole lot of money you can upgrade so that it will include almost all the wines..

No.

Yup, the AIBP is a total scam.

Not really. Some people get value from it. We actually kept track of our drinks, coffees, waters etc the first time we tried the package and found over $100 in savings. Ever since, we've gotten the package, whether buying it or in a sip n sail promo.

Yup, the AIBP is a total scam.

Sorry that was your experience. We booked a cruise that we took last December on the Regal before the AIBP was offered for that cruise. When the AIBP promo came out we were able to get it without any change to our pricing. We loved it and didn't feel it was a scam at all. I recently added the AIBP to two cruises I booked before the recent promo and our price didn't change on those either.