How do you take advantage of a B2B cruise?

My DGF and I booked our first B2B cruise. We'll be on EOS leaving out of Seattle on Sept. 8th (yes, we are counting the days). Ever since we booked this B2B I have contemplated ways in which you could take advantage of a B2B cruise that you wouldn't normally be able to do on a single-leg cruise. Besides grabbing a Bloody Mary and watching your fellow cruisers disembark with a smug smile on your face, are there any things you do to take advantage of your B2B sailings. Just curious. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Spending 2 days in Seattle pre cruise , but may get off the boat if there is something to do that we didn't get to in those 2 days.

Don't call the ship a boat if you have the advantage of meeting crew on change over day.;)

We love a B2B cruise but are not into the smug looks. We feel blessed and fortunate to be able to cruise and would never rub it in someone's face. ;) :)

You are right of course. We are blessed, and I will work to eradicate any smugness on my face as I watch the disembarkation......but that's gonna take a lot of effort on my part :)

You might find that drink cards purchased on the first cruise would work on the second. Ask a bartender.

We both have drink packages, but I'm curious if the soda cups would work on the second leg. GF has the soda package booked for both weeks, but perhaps we should change it.

We both have drink packages, but I'm curious if the soda cups would work on the second leg. GF has the soda package booked for both weeks, but perhaps we should change it.

It's possible. If you're not getting a pre-cruise price break on the soda package, then I'd cancel the one for the second cruise. Worst case you have to buy it onboard.

You would not know until you tried. The chips are supposedly programmed for just your week, but some people have said that the readout did not say that at all. ;)

You are right of course. We are blessed, and I will work to eradicate any smugness on my face as I watch the disembarkation......but that's gonna take a lot of effort on my part

You can be smug in your head - nobody has to see it in your face. That's what we plan to do on our B2B in Oct - our 1st one!

My DGF and I booked our first B2B cruise. We'll be on EOS leaving out of Seattle on Sept. 8th (yes, we are counting the days). Ever since we booked this B2B I have contemplated ways in which you could take advantage of a B2B cruise that you wouldn't normally be able to do on a single-leg cruise. Besides grabbing a Bloody Mary and watching your fellow cruisers disembark with a smug smile on your face, are there any things you do to take advantage of your B2B sailings. Just curious. Thanks

If you are staying on the ship, then find the spot that is usually the most crowded during the week and hang out there during the couple of hours that are "turnaround" while the spot is "quiet".

Not all, but some ships hold special lunches in the MDR for the consecutive cruisers (usual depends on the number of consecutives).

Mr Ski always offers to help the Stateroom Attendant clean the other rooms! Of course, they never let him but he loves seeing the look on their face when he offers! :) (and just be clear...he would be happy to do it if they would actually let him!)

When you put the cups on the freestyle machine the screen displays an end date and time. Usually they are programmed for an expiration in 13 or 14 days from first use.

I would not do a tour of seattle on a b2b. The port at seattle takes some time to embark and disembark as it is pretty disorganized. Actually the worst port i have been in for passenger pick up and drop off. It can take an hour or more to get dropped off by taxi or car service. On debarkation we waited about an hour after our scheduled pick up time for car service to pick us up. The driver called and explained that he was held up in the holding lot and port authority was slowly letting vehicles in to pick people up. It was a mad house getting dropped off and getting picked up. Stay on the boat and enjoy a nice relaxed hour or two onboard.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Yes, it's a wonderful feeling not having to place your luggages in the hallway the night before disembarkation.

Yes, have breakfast in the main dining room the morning of disembarkation...take your time, no rush.

Perhaps you can help your cabin steward...tell him/her not to clean your cabin that morning....one less cabin for them to clean.

Usually, there's a meeting for all B2B passengers...free cocktails/champagne is sometimes served. Then a special lunch on embarkation day.

Before the end of the first week, you can ask the Maitre d to put you in a nice table for the second week...never hurts to try.

If you like alcohol, you can buy a bottle the first week and it will be delivered in your cabin at the end of the first week. You'll have it available for the second week.

Enjoy the empty ship. Happy Sailing. :)

Yes, it's a wonderful feeling not having to place your luggages in the hallway the night before disembarkation.

Yes, have breakfast in the main dining room the morning of disembarkation...take your time, no rush.

Perhaps you can help your cabin steward...tell him/her not to clean your cabin that morning....one less cabin for them to clean.

Usually, there's a meeting for all B2B passengers...free cocktails/champagne is sometimes served. Then a special lunch on embarkation day.

Before the end of the first week, you can ask the Maitre d to put you in a nice table for the second week...never hurts to try.

If you like alcohol, you can buy a bottle the first week and it will be delivered in your cabin at the end of the first week. You'll have it available for the second week.

Enjoy the empty ship. Happy Sailing. :)

Whoa, Whoa, hold on a minute, you mean I could bury one of those giant bottles of Grey Goose on the first leg and enjoy it the entire second leg of the cruise. I might have to do that. Thanks for the advice

When you put the cups on the freestyle machine the screen displays an end date and time. Usually they are programmed for an expiration in 13 or 14 days from first use.

I would not do a tour of seattle on a b2b. The port at seattle takes some time to embark and disembark as it is pretty disorganized. Actually the worst port i have been in for passenger pick up and drop off. It can take an hour or more to get dropped off by taxi or car service. On debarkation we waited about an hour after our scheduled pick up time for car service to pick us up. The driver called and explained that he was held up in the holding lot and port authority was slowly letting vehicles in to pick people up. It was a mad house getting dropped off and getting picked up. Stay on the boat and enjoy a nice relaxed hour or two onboard.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I think we will enjoy the quiet and near solitude of the ship on turnaround day. Good to know about the port for embarkation as well. My DGF and I would like to be boarding early. I will make sure we depart for the port extra early from our hotel.

Whoa, Whoa, hold on a minute, you mean I could bury one of those giant bottles of Grey Goose on the first leg and enjoy it the entire second leg of the cruise. I might have to do that. Thanks for the advice

Possibly! The shops are supposed to have a list of b2b folks and are supposed to "retain" the alcohol until the last of the final cruise. Doesn't usually work that way though. Usually it gets distributed the last night but you are taking a chance that they might actually hold it (like they are supposed to do:)).

Possibly! The shops are supposed to have a list of b2b folks and are supposed to "retain" the alcohol until the last of the final cruise. Doesn't usually work that way though. Usually it gets distributed the last night but you are taking a chance that they might actually hold it (like they are supposed to do:)).
Buy it at one of the ports. Might make it back to your room on the last night of the first leg. Had that happen to us a few times. Umfortunate that the rum were gifts for some friends back home.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

We're on a b2b New Zealand followed by AU in March. I know we have to get off and go through Customs but when we're allowed back on, are we allowed to go to our room, which is the same on both cruises?

Yes, you can use your stateroom when you get back on. The fire doors may be closed, but you can open them. If a crewmember tells you the staterooms are not ready, mention you are a consecutive cruiser.