Pre-Cruise Emails....

ceilidh1

Does anyone else get annoyed by the "stock" pre-cruise emails from Princess? I would really enjoy getting these if they were actually tailored to the specific voyage/ship but they all come standard so once you're read one, you really don't need to get them again! I assume they are helpful to first time cruisers but if you sail often, it just gets kind of "junk mail" like. My biggest pet peeve about them is that, depending on the sailing, the information isn't even accurate. I just got one for the one-night on Ruby telling me to reserve my all inclusive beverage package in the personalizer! How I would love to do so - but we all know it's not available on the one night. If I was new to cruising, I would likely be trying to figure out how to buy a package that isn't available.....

First World problems, I know.....:D

I wish they would bring back the pre-cruise email they used to send. It was informative and could also be accessed from the personalizer. They used to tell you who the CD was going to be and often what movies and such would be available on the cruise. Generic pre-cruise email isn't helpful.

It has been a long time since I got those at all and I do not go searching them out in my personalizer (If they are even there any more) I just cruised in June and have my next cruise in 7 weeks. I may have gotten email promoting shore excursions for the June cruise, that's about it. Before they stopped they became useless and yes, annoying.

I wish they would bring back the pre-cruise email they used to send. It was informative and could also be accessed from the personalizer. They used to tell you who the CD was going to be and often what movies and such would be available on the cruise. Generic pre-cruise email isn't helpful.

Totally agree. First Celebrity next month, heard nothing from them, absolutely ziltch

I am annoyed by those generic pre-cruise emails and like Thrak really miss the old ones, especially the last one which was helpful. I always waited anxiously to see who/what was going to be going on. Now I just mostly don't bother reading them. although I think a few things were on that last email the last time. Anyway, Princess it was a mistake to discontinue them as an important part of the pre-cruise excitement is now missing.

Hi Tracey, it's been a while.

Does anyone else get annoyed by the "stock" pre-cruise emails from Princess? I would really enjoy getting these if they were actually tailored to the specific voyage/ship but they all come standard so once you're read one, you really don't need to get them again! I assume they are helpful to first time cruisers but if you sail often, it just gets kind of "junk mail" like. My biggest pet peeve about them is that, depending on the sailing, the information isn't even accurate. I just got one for the one-night on Ruby telling me to reserve my all inclusive beverage package in the personalizer! How I would love to do so - but we all know it's not available on the one night. If I was new to cruising, I would likely be trying to figure out how to buy a package that isn't available.

I got that e-mail, too, of course, and my favorite part was about purchasing shore excursions! On a one-nighter? ;p

I agree. We used to love the pre-cruise emails with the info they gave. I haven't seen those for a couple of years. Two years ago we got one commenting on how excited we must be to be heading for the Caribbean in 2 weeks. However, we were going to the British Isles in 6 weeks. For our cruise next month we've received 3 emails-one each from the captain, maitre d', and cd. None of them had a name, just "your captain" etc. Why bother to even send them with no info?

I don't get any emails offering other cruises if that is what the OP is talking about. I do get email on cruises I have currently booked (5 right now) reminding me of visa requirements etc. I also get a greeting from the captain usually welcoming me on the cruise a few weeks before I sail. I have been getting specialty dining reminders on upcoming cruises which I don't need.

Oh yes they sent me a generic Happy Birthday email in June.... except it was a week out . Freaked out that perhaps I had entered safe wrong in personaliser but nope that was correct. Totally pointless email

Princess it was a mistake to discontinue them as an important part of the pre-cruise excitement is now missing.

No doubt it was a cost cutting move.

Much less manpower involved to send the same generic pap out to every cruiser than to personalize the messages for each cruise and include specific, useful information.

It annoys me that the title says IMPORTANT INFORMATION about your upcoming cruise. So I call them and ask what was the important inforamtion because i didn't see it. Maybe we all need to do this so they get the message not to label something important when it's really a sales ploy.

I can of like receiving emails but agree the emails could be a bit more tailored. Menus, movies, entertainment, shore excursions booking out, weather outlook, on ship activities planned. There should be a way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree 100%.

It doesn't bother me a bit. I treat them the same way I treat all e-mail that I find in my In-box. If I'm interested, I follow up. If I'm not interested I delete it. Now, we all differ on what we find interesting. There's no way that Princess knows what interests me or what interests my neighbor. So, they send the same thing to everybody. I have not been sailing with Princess long enough to know what e-mails other people are saying that they miss. Maybe ignorance is bliss.

;)

For me, the irritating thing has nothing to do about whether I am "interested" in the emails but more that they contain incorrect information. Since they are generic and not tailored to specific sailings, sending me an email informing me that I can order an all inclusive beverage package, or book excursions, or reserve specialty dining when I am on a one night cruise where NONE of those options are available....is just plain annoying. Again, as someone who is a frequent cruiser, I know that none of these choices are available. BUT if I were new to Princess, received this email telling me to go get these awesome things.....well, it's just not good marketing!

I just looked at a very recent e-mail that I'd received from Princess urging me to "Hurry! Shore Excursions Going Fast For Your Upcoming Cruise!"

Sure enough, if I scroll down to the bottom of this e-mail, there is an link to "Unsubscribe." So, if I tire of deleting these messages as they come in, I can just preempt them, completely.