Photo camera found in the Amsterdam cruise terminal

Ine

Very likely a passenger of ms Koningsdam has left his camera in the Amsterdam cruise terminal.

This was just posted on cruise terminal facebook page.

Anybody knows this couple?

20882109_1632712776760357_6982720778332452392_n.jpg?oh=5215ae2dfc8d8a426d8c8bf804d63629&oe=5A2F93D0

20841926_1632712810093687_6732727205931733879_n.jpg?oh=c154f18d1c5e6e686cc8e01296f60aed&oe=5A2233B4

Passenger Terminal Amsterdam heeft 2 nieuwe foto's toegevoegd.

2 uur ·

Do you know this couple?

A camera has been found at Passenger Terminal Amsterdam on the 25th of June 2017. Most likely from a passenger cruising on the Koningsdam. We are trying to find the owner of the camera. Please share this message, hopefully we succeed!

Team Passenger Terminal Amsterdam – info@ptamsterdam.com

It seems strange that after nearly 2 months the owner's of the camera didn't contact the cruise terminal lost and found.
Maybe they are "sure" that they lost it on the ship.

Tip: the first frame on all my memory cards has my name/address/phone and offers a reward for the camera's return.

Edited by jtl513

Tip: the first frame on all my memory cards has my name/address/phone and offers a reward for the camera's return.

What a good idea! I often take a photo of the port agent information in case I need it. On tours I take a picture of the bus and its number in case I forget which bus is "mine." But I never thought of doing this. Thank you!!

A first frame with info is a great idea but So as not to share too much personal information I would suggest name, an email address - preferably one you don't use for important things and a cell phone number rather than a home phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A first frame with info is a great idea but So as not to share too much personal information I would suggest name, an email address - preferably one you don't use for important things and a cell phone number rather than a home phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, an address says "look! I'm not at home."

I wonder if HAL could put someone on this and check ship photos from their security database against this pix. The sailing is known, assuming KDam was the only ship in the terminal. The person was either coming or going, and location where the camera was found may indicate which.

Anyone remember the thread about 4 years ago about the lady who left her iPad at the check out counter in puerto tombo and its return to her (the employee at the counter apparently swiped it).

... and a cell phone number rather than a home phone.
The problem with using a cell # is that I block all calls that are not in my directory. (When I give someone that number I add them to the directory.) Our home phone is on an answering machine and we don't pick up unless we recognize the caller ID or the caller starts leaving a message that sounds like something we want to hear. Our home phone # is "out in cyberspace" already. If I Google it, our full names and address pop up! :(

Who knows, they may already have tried.
I would think that the terminal people would have contacted the ship.

I received a reply from HAL, and am sharing below. I'm sure they won't mind. A big thanks to Ine and HAL.

"Dear *********

Thank you for contacting us about the post on Cruise Critic from the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam. We may have found the owner of the camera, and have directed them to contact the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam team at the email provided if it is indeed theirs.

We truly appreciate you bringing this post to our attention, and hope the camera is reunited with its owners.

If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Kind regards,

Special Advisor

Office of the President"

So let's hope there is one happy reunion between a camera, the couple, and their irreplaceable pictures.

I received a reply from HAL, and am sharing below. I'm sure they won't mind. A big thanks to Ine and HAL.

"Dear *********

Thank you for contacting us about the post on Cruise Critic from the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam. We may have found the owner of the camera, and have directed them to contact the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam team at the email provided if it is indeed theirs.

We truly appreciate you bringing this post to our attention, and hope the camera is reunited with its owners.

Kind regards,

Special Advisor

Office of the President"

So let's hope there is one happy reunion between a camera, the couple, and their irreplaceable pictures.

Well done by HAL, wonderful to know it worked.

"Dear *********

Kind regards,

Special Advisor

Office of the President"

That's great to hear! :D

Just read your earlier Post. I'm the one who had her Ipad stolen in Punto Tumbo in March, 2014 and HAL (and the Port Agents) did a great job with recovering it for me! I will always be grateful to Pete Brust (at HAL) for all his efforts and his success!

You may have had a helping hand in recovering it for them! Great job to you for contacting HAL and also Ine for bringing this to everyone's attention! Receiving the Camera back will mean so much to that Couple!

Although it does work, there is a problem with this approach. If you check most of the photo sites, the recommended way to reuse memory cards is to reformat them in the camera after you have taken the photos off them to your permanent storage location. If you reformat the cards, that first frame will be gone.

The only way for this method to work would be to take a photo of an address card every time you format the memory card and I doubt that most of us are disciplined enough to do that.

DON

Although it does work, there is a problem with this approach. If you check most of the photo sites, the recommended way to reuse memory cards is to reformat them in the camera after you have taken the photos off them to your permanent storage location. If you reformat the cards, that first frame will be gone.

The only way for this method to work would be to take a photo of an address card every time you format the memory card and I doubt that most of us are disciplined enough to do that.

DON

I make tiny labels to identify the card, and include my email address on the label. Then there is no need to "read" the contents of the card.

The card name correlates with a document I maintain that tells me content. (Generally I keep my cards with the pictures still on them ( and make various back up copies)).

Take a picture of f your cruise card. Not enough personal info to hurt but easy for HAL to identify you if camera is found. Use the picture as the lock screen on your phone in case it is left somewhere on board.

Now that's a good idea I would never have thought of. Thank goodness I've never lost my phone or camera but I'm going to use your suggestion on my next cruise.