Medallion B2B Loyalty Question

kjg46

In 2018 we will be doing a b2b Western Caribbean and Trans Atlantic. Our first leg we will be Platinum. For the trans A we will be Elite.

Question: will we receive two sets of medallions for our cruises?. One colored for Platinum, the other Black for Elite? Appreciate your comments

In 2018 we will be doing a b2b Western Caribbean and Trans Atlantic. Our first leg we will be Platinum. For the trans A we will be Elite.

Question: will we receive two sets of medallions for our cruises?. One colored for Platinum, the other Black for Elite? Appreciate your comments

At this point nobody knows as there have yet to actually be any Medallion cruises.

Not known if medallions will actually have colors to specify Captain's Circle status. Ask this question in November after the first medallion voyages. On another note I would visit the Captain's Circle host during your first cruise to assure your status will change for the start of the 2nd cruise.

Not known if medallions will actually have colors to specify Captain's Circle status. Ask this question in November after the first medallion voyages. On another note I would visit the Captain's Circle host during your first cruise to assure your status will change for the start of the 2nd cruise.

We attended an information night put on by our TA, and a Princess rep. She said that people will be able to pick whatever colour they would like for their medallion except black. Black is still reserved for Elites.

We attended an information night put on by our TA, and a Princess rep. She said that people will be able to pick whatever colour they would like for their medallion except black. Black is still reserved for Elites.

That seems a little strange. You would think the color would be the same as the cards were.:confused:

The photos I have seen (admittedly all marketing materials and not actual medallions) show the outer ring to be black, silver, or gold. That is where your name, ship and sailing date are also marked. Those colors match up with elite, platinum, gold (no Ruby??). The inner disc is always shown as blue, but perhaps there will be a color choice in that.

If you are in the same cabin currently on a B2B, the cruise card issued at the start of the first segment is good for both segments. If there is a change of status for the second segment, the Captain's Circle rep would have to request a new cruise card for you.

If you were switching cabins, the new cruise card would be printed before you completed the first segment and thus would have the old status and the rep would have to request a new cruise card for you after you start the second segment.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that it would work the same way with Medallions if on a B2B in the same cabin.

If you are in the same cabin currently on a B2B, the cruise card issued at the start of the first segment is good for both segments. If there is a change of status for the second segment, the Captain's Circle rep would have to request a new cruise card for you.

If you were switching cabins, the new cruise card would be printed before you completed the first segment and thus would have the old status and the rep would have to request a new cruise card for you after you start the second segment.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that it would work the same way with Medallions if on a B2B in the same cabin.

The Princess press releases state that a lost medallion can be replaced mid-cruise so they must have the ability to issue a replacement. The medallion is engraved with your name and the voyage info so they would hopefully have an engraver onboard. It isn't really all that difficult. A new medallion would just need to be flashed with your unique identifier which shouldn't be difficult either. They are spending a lot of money to upgrade each Medallion class ship. It would make no sense to leave out this basic technological ability.

It's only my opinion but it appears that the Medallions just have you name on them & not much else, so the same Medallion could possibly be used for multiple cruises & not have to be reissued like cruise cards.

Hmmm. They only show the sailing date. I wonder if they'll show both dates on a B2B or just reissue the Medallions? Seems like an unnecessary extra expense.

Maybe the date is the disembark date. Why does the medallion even require a printed date? The passenger's embark and disembark dates are in the ship's profile which is linked to the medallion's embedded code. I don't think you can count on the prototype photo as being the way it will be. We'll have to wait until November to see how the system works.

... A new medallion would just need to be flashed with your unique identifier which shouldn't be difficult either. ...

It would probably less difficult to update the database to associate the new medallion's RFID code with the passenger's record.

Maybe the date is the disembark date. Why does the medallion even require a printed date? The passenger's embark and disembark dates are in the ship's profile which is linked to the medallion's embedded code. I don't think you can count on the prototype photo as being the way it will be. We'll have to wait until November to see how the system works.

I don't know but I am guessing it would be the sailing date as that is how they have identified a particular sailing. I noticed recently that there is no longer a voyage number on the cruise card, just the sailing dates. I would like the sail dates on my soon to be medallion collection so I know which sailing of that ship it was from. Major issue I know.:rolleyes:

I thought the medallion stayed in your pocket so what difference would the color make?

It can be worn on a wrist band or as a necklace and (probably) as a clip. Some don't have pockets. Many people carried their cruise cards on a lanyard and want to do the same sort of thing with their medallion. I always carried my card in my pocket and will do the same with the medallion. I'm not Elite yet but, when I am one of these days, I won't feel the need to make sure people can see my black card (or medallion).

I use a lanyard since the cruise cards can be de-magnified if they have too much contact with electronics like by cell or my kindle.

I always kept mine in my left rear pocket. No electronics anywhere near. It would still get demagnetized sometimes. Once my wife and I returned from an excursion in Costa Rica with barely enough time to shower and make it to dinner. Both of our cards were demagnetized. D'Oh! We ended up eating in HC as by the time we went to the purser's desk and got new cards there was no way to make our dinner seating. I'm looking forward to the Medallion where there is nothing to get demagnetized.

You should be able to go on ocean.com, customize your medallion, and then they will mail it to you sometime before the cruise. If you are not elite yet I doubt you will be able to order an elite medallion to be sent to you before the cruise. If you were to "lose" your medallion and got a replacement, I'm not sure if they would have every color, it would probably just be blue.

They probably put the date and ship on the medallion so "it is a treasured memory that you can keep forever" or something like that. I am not sure why they have November 26 as the poster date (it is the second full voyage date, not the first), but it is very possible that it could be the disembark date.

You should be able to go on ocean.com, customize your medallion, and then they will mail it to you sometime before the cruise. If you are not elite yet I doubt you will be able to order an elite medallion to be sent to you before the cruise. If you were to "lose" your medallion and got a replacement, I'm not sure if they would have every color, it would probably just be blue.

They probably put the date and ship on the medallion so "it is a treasured memory that you can keep forever" or something like that. I am not sure why they have November 26 as the poster date (it is the second full voyage date, not the first), but it is very possible that it could be the disembark date.

Yes, one is "supposed" to be able to put in custom information on the OCEAN site. I just keep waiting for that site to have anything other than totally generic jive. It's supposed to replace your personalizer but there is still nothing there. I will keep checking as the first Medallion cruise gets closer. Our Medallion cruise isn't until March 18 which is the first Medallion cruise for Caribbean Princess.