Couple choosing between Allure, Harmony,Getaway

HI everyone,

So I'm planning a cruise for November 2018. Preferably the week of thanksgiving so I could utilize my paid Thursday and Friday off.. so far I was looking at Nov 11 and Nov 18.

Just to share some light, my husband, kids, mother and of course me, will be in the Vista in January 27, 2018 traveling to Grand Turks. PR, St Kitts and St Maarten.

So the November cruise I wanted to be without the kids (going to feel so guilty).

For this cruise I wanted to try the Allure, Harmony or the Getaway.

But I'm having a hard time choosing.

Since it so far away, we can pay monthly as we go..

Allure 11/11

Conzumel Nassau Porto Costa Maya, Hondorus

$1598 refundable

$1787 gratuity

$1969 non alcoholic beverage

Allure 11/18

St Maarten, PR, Haiti

$1758 refundable

$1974 Gratuity

$2165 non alcoholic beverage

Harmony 11/18

Haiti, Falmouth, Conzumel

$2041 refundable

$2230 Gratuity

$2445 alcohol beverage

NCL Getaway 11/18

Roaton, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya, Conzumel

$1939 promo charge included

$2100 gratuity

Is there things to really do in Falmouth? Because I'm not traveling an hour or two to Blue Hole or Ohio Rios ;p

Does it make sense to visit St Maarten and PR again in the same year?

We chose non beverage cuz my husband may drink two beers or so day and I may drink 2 or three alcoholic beverage a day, if that's much, maybe less.

Ive only cruised on the sky, breeze, and ecstasy all those cruises were way less and I'm sure way different.

So need some help from everyone. Goal is to be a fluent cruiser like evegone (smile)

Not sure if I should post Again in Thebes's NCL forum as well.

Thanks to everyone in advance

Edited by sweets2323

Personally, it would either be the Allure to Nassau, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan, or the Getaway to Roatan, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Both itineraries are very nice, and you will be able to find nice beaches and excursions within very close proximity to the cruise ship. However, the decision between Allure and Getaway should likely come down to what you plan on doing while on this cruise. If you plan on spending some time off of the ship and enjoying a lot of the port time, maybe the Getaway is a better option. However, if you're looking for some more ship time, the Allure is a destination within itself, and you could skip a port, like Nassau, and spend the time relaxing onboard while still exploring some of the ports. But beware with Getaway, there will be loads of kids onboard since it is Thanksgiving.

Honestly, if you're looking for a more relaxing trip, I would go with the Allure. You won't get to use your paid days but it will be much less crammed with kids and will give you more time to kick back and relax. You will have an amazing trip no matter which one you pick!

During Thanksgiving you are going to have kids, especially on the big ships, that is a given. If you want less kids look at Princess or Holland America, or book the 11/11 cruise. I would choose the 11/11 cruise because Allure is a great ship, this is the lowest price, much less kids this week, and these are great ports. If I had to choose the Thanksgiving week I would select NCL, because I have never tried them and I would like to see Harvest Cay, and I like the port selection better that the others during this week.

I like what you said... I don't like the Bahamas port, but we could enjoy the ship. We always travel with the kids and this time we could do things without worrying about time..

Yep! Sounds like a plan! There is so much to do on the Allure that you may end up feeling like you have to go a second time in order to see it all, and then you can bring the kids sometime later! ;)

During Thanksgiving you are going to have kids, especially on the big ships, that is a given. If you want less kids look at Princess or Holland America, or book the 11/11 cruise. I would choose the 11/11 cruise because Allure is a great ship, this is the lowest price, much less kids this week, and these are great ports. If I had to choose the Thanksgiving week I would select NCL, because I have never tried them and I would like to see Harvest Cay, and I like the port selection better that the others during this week.

You like the Getaway 11/18 Port better than the Allure 11/11 Port?

You like the Getaway 11/18 Port better than the Allure 11/11 Port?

The ports look the same except for Harvest Cay. Harvest Cay is the new private island for NCL in Belize. It looks pretty nice to me. But keep in mind that the reason I like this private island is because I don't like the long tender ride at Belize. Everything in Belize is hard to get to.

For others that want to see Belize, and don't mind the long boat and bus rides, Harvest Cay might not be so good because the only way to get off of Harvest Cay is to take a NCL excursion.

I have cruised enough that I have become a "get off the ship, find the nearest beach" kind if guy. Harvest Cay would be perfect for me.

I also like the 11/11 because it might have a tad less kids and it is less expensive.

I have been on the Allure, but never been on NCL. The Allure is very nice.

I would like to try the NCL ships someday but we seem to always be on Carnival, Royal, Princess, Celebrity, and HAL. Somehow we never end up booking NCL. Harvest Cay would be a reason I would consider booking NCL.

Lately, when we go to Belize, we book a ship excursion to some little island for snorkeling. This eliminates the long tender ride as the boat leaves directly from the ship. The little islands are nice and I like spending the day there. Harvest Cay looks pretty nice but never been there.

The Allure is such a large ship you may not see it all. IMO The 11/18 time will allow you to see most of it, get prime spots without the huge(kids) crowds. We like to travel during off season. You still will have kids, but a lot less as most parents have them in school. One of our trips, in January had 11 kids onboard, out of 3000+ people.

HI everyone,

So I'm planning a cruise for November 2018. Preferably the week of thanksgiving so I could utilize my paid Thursday and Friday off.. so far I was looking at Nov 11 and Nov 18.

Just to share some light, my husband, kids, mother and of course me, will be in the Vista in January 27, 2018 traveling to Grand Turks. PR, St Kitts and St Maarten.

So the November cruise I wanted to be without the kids (going to feel so guilty).

For this cruise I wanted to try the Allure, Harmony or the Getaway.

But I'm having a hard time choosing.

Since it so far away, we can pay monthly as we go..

Allure 11/11

$1598 refundable

$1787 gratuity

$1969 non alcoholic beverage

Allure 11/18

St Maarten, PR, Haiti

$1758 refundable

$1974 Gratuity

$2165 non alcoholic beverage

Harmony 11/18

Haiti, Falmouth, Conzumel

$2041 refundable

$2230 Gratuity

$2445 alcohol beverage

NCL Getaway 11/18

Roaton, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya, Conzumel

$1939 promo charge included

$2100 gratuity

Is there things to really do in Falmouth? Because I'm not traveling an hour or two to Blue Hole or Ohio Rios ;p

Does it make sense to visit St Maarten and PR again in the same year?

We chose non beverage cuz my husband may drink two beers or so day and I may drink 2 or three alcoholic beverage a day, if that's much, maybe less.

Ive only cruised on the sky, breeze, and ecstasy all those cruises were way less and I'm sure way different. ��

So need some help from everyone. Goal is to be a fluent cruiser like evegone (smile)

Not sure if I should post Again in Thebes's NCL forum as well.

Thanks to everyone in advance ��

In 15 minutes you could be enjoying yourself at the Royalton White Sands resort.

We went there last December and wife has suggested we go back for a week stay.

Bill

The Allure is such a large ship you may not see it all. IMO The 11/18 time will allow you to see most of it, get prime spots without the huge(kids) crowds. We like to travel during off season. You still will have kids, but a lot less as most parents have them in school. One of our trips, in January had 11 kids onboard, out of 3000+ people.

Did you mean to say November 11th?

Bear in mind, unlike all the other private islands, where the on ship packages (drinks, dinners, etc) are included, on Harvest Caye, nothing is included. You have to pay for drinks or anything you eat. This was in agreement with the Hondouras Gov't.

May be blasphemy on this RCL board to say but..here goes..I have been on each of the ships you have mentioned. We are Diamond with Royal so obviously are fond of RCL, in fact we are going on Harmony this October...All that to say, in my humble opinion, the vibe is different on Getaway, NCL then on RCL. We have really loved the newer class ships that NCL has mainly I think because its much less "traditional" No raised eyebrows for wearing shorts in the MDR. Just basically a younger more hip if you will feel to their ships and one more thing we loved on Getaway/Escape..there was more of a connection with the ocean on their new ships where I feel the oasis class ships focus activities inward. The NCL ships have an outside prominade deck with restraunts and bars offering both inside and outside dining. We are in our late 50s early 60s but we enjoy the more modern vibe on the NCL...Some people enjoy the dress up aspect to a more traditional cruise experience its up to you.

I know it isn't one of your listed options, but I would also take a look at the MSC Seaside for November 17 if you want Thanksgiving week. It is much cheaper than the others and should also have a great onboard experience. Western Caribbean itinerary that week with Ocho Rios, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and their new private island Ocean Cay marine reserve that is opening a month earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also look at Escape's Eastern sailing. Should be a similar price to the Getaway. Oasis-class are our favorite ships, but the newer Norwegian ships are very nice as well. We love the dining options and it does seem to be a "livelier" atmosphere at night.

Prices for the week of the 11th (especially for NCL) will likely drop after final payment. Prices for the 18th will likely only increase as time goes on.