On a Roll Sushi class on Allure of the Seas

kt2e

We did the sushi class when we were on Anthem, I would think the one on Allure would be similar. We had fun. They have places set up with the rice and other supplies. I think we made 2 different rolls and then one where it's rice with the shrimp (not rolled, I can't remember what it's called) the main chef was very funny and had a great delivery when teaching. I think that's what really made the class. There were several people who walked around helping. We would definitely do it again.

Later in the week we went we had dinner in the restaurant, they remembered us from class and made us some special rolls.

My daughter and I did it on the Majesty last month. I believe is was $30 per person. We had a great time. The chef was very funny and the assistant walked around and helped everyone that needed help. My daughter and another person don't eat shrimp and they happily substituted chicken for the hand rolls. When it was time to eat we were all served champagne. It was way more food than I could finish and definitely worth the price. We all got a certificate of completion with our name on it at the end of the evening. I would do it again if offered on my next cruise on Enchantment on September 4th. There is no Izume on Majesty so it was held in the area that is the deli during lunch.

We did it on Independence. It was near the end so we really didn't get the opportunity to revisit Izumi later to use our 'thanks for taking the class' discount card. Also, best not to have lunch before you go. We made a lot more than we had room to eat.

We didn't get champagne. They encouraged folks to try some sake. DW had drink package but the fancier sakes weren't included.

you end up with PLENTY of food. in fact, when Mr Spook and I did it together, it was too much food( mostly because I cannot eat shellfish so right there 2/3 of what I made I had to give to him) I think If I were to do it again, it would be just one of us and the other one watches, or I would ask about substituting a California roll or maybe some Unagi for myself. still waiting on Izumi to bring on Tako yaki......

it is a LOT of fun, you do get a crash course in the proper way to prep the rice and using the tools. the choices are on the bland and tame side, but its what one would expect from a basic bare bones lesson.

afterward you have the option to eat your creations right there, complete with fine china setting, or to get a bento and take it with you( the ONLY place on board you can get a to go box!)

DH and DD did it on Allure last year and Anthem this year. They enjoyed both though they were slightly different. On Allure they gave them cute sushi chef hats (think I was the only one who cared about that!) and they were able to take leftovers to go on Allure, but not on the Anthem.

We did the class last year on Oasis. It was $20. Maybe prices have gone up? For the food that we received, it would have cost at least that much a la carte. So price wise, if you want sushi anyways and you are considering the class for extra fun, then definitely do it.

It's barely a "class" though. More or less simple fun and some nice sushi. I'd do it again.

We did the class last year on Oasis. It was $20. Maybe prices have gone up? For the food that we received, it would have cost at least that much a la carte. So price wise, if you want sushi anyways and you are considering the class for extra fun, then definitely do it.

It's barely a "class" though. More or less simple fun and some nice sushi. I'd do it again.

Yes they have. Cupcake class used to be $15 and it is also now $30!!

Yes they have. Cupcake class used to be $15 and it is also now $30!!

Not sure making a couple sushi rolls is worth $30 to me. A shame they raised the prices. At that point, I'd just go buy it a la carte.

I did it with a group of friends on the Radiance. I don't eat raw fish, so I did it for the education and experience and left my sushi for them to share. When they exited, I was happily munching in the Windjammer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My 7 year old daughter loves sushi and is real hands on (loves cooking with mom, loves crafts, etc). I know they have a child's price but would it be totally out of the league for a 7 year old?

There were a couple of kids in my class, but definitely older than 7. I would think that with you by her side, they would be fine with her. They don't let anyone touch knives. :D

We did it a week ago on the Oasis. It was $30. We made a California Roll, Spicy Tuna Roll, a Shrimp Tempura Roll and finally a raw shrimp sushimi. They did not allow us to take a to go box, we had to consume it in the class. It was so much food!

When I did the class last year and paid $20, we only made 2 rolls. Since you got to make 4 items, I'd say the $30 seems worth it. However, they absolutely let us pack what we wanted to go without hesitation and almost encouraged. I can't imagine they would actually fight with you over a togo box, I'm sure if you pressed they would allow you to take it togo.

When I did the class last year and paid $20, we only made 2 rolls. Since you got to make 4 items, I'd say the $30 seems worth it. However, they absolutely let us pack what we wanted to go without hesitation and almost encouraged. I can't imagine they would actually fight with you over a togo box, I'm sure if you pressed they would allow you to take it togo.

My wife and son took the class on Oasis last week and they were told they could not take anything out of the restaurant. Something about someone previously taking leftovers then not safely storing them and getting food poisoning after. Thus they stopped allowing it. Could be true, could be an excuse. But either way they had the same experience when trying to take leftovers.

Both of them loved the class though. My son is a sushi eating machine. But even he couldn't finish all of my wife's leftovers. It was worth the price for them.

We are signed up for this class in October. My DH doesn't eat sushi but wanted to do it with me. It will probably be too much for me to eat all of it, but I can eat me some sushi! I was planning on taking it to the Windjammer after the class so he can get what he likes and we can still eat together. I noticed that Izumi is right next to the main dining room. Do you think they would let us go there and eat? I'd even let them walk it in there if they don't believe me.