Any advice about EZaire change that won't work?

Nora86

We are going on our first Princess cruise in November and booked EZair. We received a notification saying our outgoing flight was changed from late afternoon to early morning when DH will be at work. There is a flight in the afternoon with only a 2 hour difference (on a different airline) but it's listed at a higher price.

Not sure if I will receive the original price if I change flights. I don't know the policies and I'm a little worried about getting the right answer when I call Princess. I was also thinking of transferring my booking to a big store to receive some perks. Is this something they would be able to fix? Before I make phone calls I was hoping for advice. Thanks!

You will have no problem changing your flight. Just call Princess. However, you may need to pay the difference in price for the new flight.

We tend to book our next cruise while on a cruise ship to get the added on board credit. When we get home we call our favored big box store and ask them to transfer the booking from Princess. Never any problem. We are doing a transatlantic this coming month and along with what Princess offered we received a $650.00 shipboard credit from our big box store. Hard to beat.

Whenever an airline changes a flight to a time that is unacceptable, we call the airline & they provide a flight that works with our travel plans. I first check their flight schedules to find alternative flight options before calling them. Once it required a different routing to our destination but they've always worked with us to get times similar to our original flights.

I don't think transferring your booking to a different source would help your problem. It's the Princess EZair section who might be able to assist you which hopefully won't be necessary because the airline should provide acceptable flights. Changes such as yours are made by computers & a human should be able to correct your flight problem created by their schedule change.

Whenever an airline changes a flight to a time that is unacceptable, we call the airline & they provide a flight that works with our travel plans. I first check their flight schedules to find alternative flight options before calling them. Once it required a different routing to our destination but they've always worked with us to get times similar to our original flights.

Problem here is since the booking was made thru a travel agent, in this case Princess EZair, the airline may talk to you and give you helpfull info, but will only make a change if requested to do so by EZair.

From personal experience of just a few days ago our direct flight next Feb from Winnipeg to Fort Lauderdale was cancelled by the airline. In its place we were routed via Toronto. Problem was I recognized the connection time was not legitimate - too tight. Spoke with the airline (Westjet) who confirmed this was a problem (love to know who cobbelled these 2 flights together) and suggested a legitimate connection through Calgary.

Next spoke to Princess who in turn speak to EZair (seems we cannot speak to EZair direct). It took almost one hour but long story short we are now on legitimate connecting flights at the original price, even though the fares for this date to FLL had gone up considerably

I don't think transferring your booking to a different source would help your problem. It's the Princess EZair section who might be able to assist you which hopefully won't be necessary because the airline should provide acceptable flights. Changes such as yours are made by computers & a human should be able to correct your flight problem created by their schedule change.

I agree call the airline

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This has happened to us on several occasions. When it has I identify the flights I want instead and if I used a TA I have called and had her work with the airline. If I have booked my flight direct I have called the airline directly. Either way it has been easy to get corrected and I have not been charged anything for the adjustment.

You will have no problem changing your flight. Just call Princess. However, you may need to pay the difference in price for the new flight.

We tend to book our next cruise while on a cruise ship to get the added on board credit. .

A bit of an aside from the original question, but since you mentioned it, what do you mean about additional credit if you book your next cruise on the ship? We always have future cruise credits that we buy on the ship, but I've been told there is no advantage booking while cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've always gotten some additional OBC on Princess when we buy future cruise credits--how much depends on the length of the cruise and maybe on cabin category. We've never actually booked a cruise on board though, just put the deposit, which can be used on any cruise.

I'm bummed that we didn't use our last fcc in time and the deposit got returned!

We had two EZ Air connecting flights changed recently; I received a Princess email with new flights listed. There were other flights that appealed to us more, in fact they were better than our original flights. I made our desired changes on the Princess website/EZ Air section. There was no additional charge added. I was very pleased. It was easy to do.

We are going on our first Princess cruise in November and booked EZair. We received a notification saying our outgoing flight was changed from late afternoon to early morning when DH will be at work. There is a flight in the afternoon with only a 2 hour difference (on a different airline) but it's listed at a higher price.

Not sure if I will receive the original price if I change flights. I don't know the policies and I'm a little worried about getting the right answer when I call Princess. I was also thinking of transferring my booking to a big store to receive some perks. Is this something they would be able to fix? Before I make phone calls I was hoping for advice. Thanks!

We booked EZ Air and our flight was cancelled by west jet our TA contacted Princess and flight was changed to Air Canada no problem and no change in price

If your flight is not yet ticketed by Princess, calling the airline won't do any good. We had a change on an upcoming Delta flight that left us too little time, in our opinion, between connections at CDG. I called Delta, but they couldn't help because the reservation was still with Princess and had not been ticketed. I had to call Princess to make the change. I had to pay more, but that was understandable because the new flight had one less connection.