future cruise credit purchase

We're leaving for our next cruise in 3 weeks. While onboard I want to purchase future cruise credits for 2 cruises we want to take in 2018. I can't remember-do I need to purchase 4 FCCs, one each for my husband and myself for 2 cruises, or do I need only 2 FCCs, one for each cruise? I've used them before, but it has been 2 years, so my memory has failed me.

Get extras. Seriously. We once ran out and had to do a BVE in SF in order to purchase more. I have 3 cruises booked right now - all using FCD. We sail October 8 and will purchase at least 2 (probably 3) each. They are fully refundable if not used so there really isn't a down side and they are really nice to have when booking a cruise. The reduced deposit (the $100 FCD) is nice but I love the OBC when booking that way. On our next cruise we will each receive $150 and on the one after that we will each receive $100. Free money is hard to beat. :D

Yes, you can't lose as you said by purchasing these. Yes, you basically are giving Princess an interest free loan and you are losing the interest, but really, how much is that? I like the fact that my deposit whenever I do book is just the $100 each which I have already paid for so in essence, free booking!(just don't cancel! Grin)

But what I really like is that I start out any and all of my cruises with at a minimum of $200 OBC!!! (includes automatic $100 as my husband is a veteran).

Pooh

Yes, you can't lose as you said by purchasing these. Yes, you basically are giving Princess an interest free loan and you are losing the interest, but really, how much is that?

No joke! The interest you would "lose" on a $100 FCD would, in most cases, now days vary from a high of $1/year to a low of about $0.10/year for a total of $.20 to $2.00 for 2 years if you didn't use it. Bounce that against what you get on OBC and there's no comparison!

Tom

We keep 5 each in the bank for cruising on Princess.
I keep 2-3 always available. That way, when I see a cruise I might want to take, I can book it immediately at the lowest price. I can change my mind later and the FCC goes back on my account. It's re-useable unless it's the rare cruise with a non-refundable deposit.

No joke! The interest you would "lose" on a $100 FCD would, in most cases, now days vary from a high of $1/year to a low of about $0.10/year for a total of $.20 to $2.00 for 2 years if you didn't use it. Bounce that against what you get on OBC and there's no comparison!

Tom

Exactly! A good ROI for your money.

I keep 2-3 always available. That way, when I see a cruise I might want to take, I can book it immediately at the lowest price. I can change my mind later and the FCC goes back on my account. It's re-useable unless it's the rare cruise with a non-refundable deposit.

We tend to book cruises in groups. Currently, 9 booked but we probably won't book another until most are complete then book a number more. Everyone does it differently.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Forums mobile app

We're leaving for our next cruise in 3 weeks. While onboard I want to purchase future cruise credits for 2 cruises we want to take in 2018. I can't remember-do I need to purchase 4 FCCs, one each for my husband and myself for 2 cruises, or do I need only 2 FCCs, one for each cruise? I've used them before, but it has been 2 years, so my memory has failed me.

Will you be booking while on board?

If so, you will not purchase FCCs You will just put $100 down for each cruise for each person, a total of $400, and the FCC OBC will apply.. You can have the on board booking assigned to your choice of travel agent or even wait until later to transfer them to a TA.

I agree with others that you should purchase FCCs for future cruises other than the two cruises you already have in mind.

Future cruise credit (FCC) changed it's name to Future cruise deposit (FCD) a while ago, when Princess re-invented the wheel yet again. Get them while on-board at $100 each person for each future cruise, ( other currencies acceptable for we lesser mortals not blessed by being from the US of A) They are charged against the card you register at check in. It gives you not only a low deposit but some on- board credit. As has already been said, if you don't use them they are fully refunded after 2 years. Please note if you are a Brit check the new fine print booking conditions they apparently changed last December regarding loss of deposit if you have to cancel your cruise.

Future cruise credit (FCC) changed it's name to Future cruise deposit (FCD) a while ago, when Princess re-invented the wheel yet again. Get them while on-board at $100 each person for each future cruise, ( other currencies acceptable for we lesser mortals not blessed by being from the US of A) They are charged against the card you register at check in. It gives you not only a low deposit but some on- board credit. As has already been said, if you don't use them they are fully refunded after 2 years. Please note if you are a Brit check the new fine print booking conditions they apparently changed last December regarding loss of deposit if you have to cancel your cruise.

Another example of Princess treating non-North American cruisers differently unless someone can correct me.