For those thinking of an aft balcony; Privacy

derf5585

this is true and there is one more thing to consider, if you are on the deck right below the indoor pool with the glass inclosed windows above you, Do not go out on your balcony late at night, the windows above have electric sprinklers that wash the windows and you will get wet, your balcony usually is not dry by morning so when you walk out the door you will step in a big puddle. Although these are the cabins i prefer, they do have have their little quirks, but so does alot of other cabins.

this is true and there is one more thing to consider, if you are on the deck right below the indoor pool with the glass inclosed windows above you, Do not go out on your balcony late at night, the windows above have electric sprinklers that wash the windows and you will get wet, your balcony usually is not dry by morning so when you walk out the door you will step in a big puddle. Although these are the cabins i prefer, they do have have their little quirks, but so does alot of other cabins.

Yes, took me two day to fiqure that one out. Don't hang anything out to dry as I did. It was wet all right.:) But there is more privacy than in Derf's photos as you can't lean over the rail because of the windows.

We just had cabin 6467 on the Triumph and also agreed there was no privacy if you stand at the railing. There was no breeze because the Captain always anchored with the bow into the wind. We only used our aft cabin after sunset because it was so hot in the western caribbean. Perhaps sailing out of NY would be a different story because the ocean is cooler. I also noticed my feet were getting black from the dirt on our balcony. We ended up using our bamboo beach mats for rugs and were sure to wear our flipflops.

NCL Dawn is my favorite ship so far--love those ten different restaurants on 10 day cruises.

We recently had 6452 on the Conquest, I personally didn't care who could see on my balcony. I really didn't notice anyone spying on us nor did I care to spy on them. I went on a cruise that was out of this world and would recommend this type of room and balcony to anyone. If you are doing something that you don't want anyone to see GO INSIDE. I got sprinkled from the water system above while I was filming the beautiful ocean behind us, I thought it was funny. We had wonderful breezes all the time. I did notice a build up of salt on the deck chairs but our beach towels over the chair took care of that. If you are that concerned about your privacy get and inside room. I can't imagine giving up what we were able to experience because of being afraid someone might see us. You will never see these people again unless you took pictures of them. My question to you then would be who is invading who's privacy?:rolleyes:

We just booked room 7298 aft suite with the wrap around balcony on The Miracle. Has anyone had this room?? Is there lawn chairs? Can I lay in the sun out there? People would see me if I was at the pool so I really don't care if they see me out there. I am just excited there will be enough space for all five of us to sit out there. The kids have an interior room across the hall.;)

our balcony had 3 chairs wooden ones, 2 side tables and 2 wooden adjustable lounge chairs and tons of room left over. the views were great from the inside as well as outside and just think you won't have to try to save chairs because they are yours already. I am booked on the Sensation in feb 07 I only wish that they would add these type rooms to it in the refurbishment. oh well:)

You notice all those people standing at the railing? They are there as the aft of the ship becomes one big community. My wife and I had an aft balcony on the Conquest and loved it as we all met on our balconies each morning and evening. We became good friends with our neighbors during the week because of that openness at the railing.

And besides just what are you planning to do on that balcony anyway?????

I was on one of those big wrap-around balconies and we had lots of privacy. Unless your neighbors are very nosy and straining to look while you are getting a tan... you should have no problems... its in port that you have to be careful.... (especially when you wake up to another cruise ship parked behind you)... :D

We had one full size lounger, two deck chairs and one reclining chair, and a table on our balcony... lots of space to grab a coffee and watch the sun come up...

• 4 weeks later...
I was on one of those big wrap-around balconies and we had lots of privacy. Unless your neighbors are very nosy and straining to look while you are getting a tan... you should have no problems... its in port that you have to be careful.... (especially when you wake up to another cruise ship parked behind you)... :D

We had one full size lounger, two deck chairs and one reclining chair, and a table on our balcony... lots of space to grab a coffee and watch the sun come up...

Can you tell me what ship this pic is from?

We are sailing on the Liberty, is it true that the wrap around rooms do not have a couch?

I would really appreciate any help as my dh wants to give this room up for a cat 11 & I do not. We also have the room next to ours so I'm thinking I'll never have to worry about the chair saving hogs!

It was the Carnival Victory... Category 9a ... Upper Deck Cabin 6434

Here is the view from below... everything in red was our balcony.

Thank You, we have room 6483 on the Liberty I believe it should be the same.

Looks great to me :) !!!

Thank You, we have room 6483 on the Liberty I believe it should be the same.

Looks great to me :) !!!

Actually isn't the Victory in the Destiny class so I would think it does not look the same from that vantage point. Of course I could be wrong, actually more than likely I am :confused: !!!

It was the Carnival Victory... Category 9a ... Upper Deck Cabin 6434

Here is the view from below... everything in red was our balcony.

OMG:eek: Who in their right mind would key the side of a cruise ship !!!