Has anyone used Galveston Park N Cruise?

Kathy0418

I was just doing a search about parking at the Galveston terminal and prices range from $40 to $65. My inclination is to choose the cheaper lot, but I'd like to hear from someone who has used this lot to make sure there is not a good reason why it is cheaper. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

well the reason no one had heard of park n cruise is because the first week they were open was when we went on our cruise may 16. They are still a very small operation. Just a couple of blocks from the port and they don't have shuttles but we had a few covered spots and we got there early enough to grab two and they only cost $40 which was great because we had two vehicles. I would recommend them.

We have used it before....there is covered and uncovered...that might be the difference. I am not sure....my husband parked the car and we waited at the terminal, while he rode the shuttle back. Our car was safe though. WE went on a 7 day cruise before.

• 4 months later...
I was just doing a search about parking at the Galveston terminal and prices range from $40 to $65. My inclination is to choose the cheaper lot, but I'd like to hear from someone who has used this lot to make sure there is not a good reason why it is cheaper. thanks.

Got a couple of responses on this question, but I am looking to see if they have shuttle service yet. Yes ..I know about EZ Parking & Lighthouse, lots of chatter on them, just not much on the new kid Park & Cruise.

Got a couple of responses on this question, but I am looking to see if they have shuttle service yet. Yes ..I know about EZ Parking & Lighthouse, lots of chatter on them, just not much on the new kid Park & Cruise.

Their current website at http://galvestonparkncruise.com/ does not mention shuttle service. I suggest you call them for verification at 866-479-7275 as listed on their site.

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

• 1 year later...

We used Galveston Park N Cruise during our first ever cruise in January of 2010. They were cheaper than the alternative, but the Galveston.com website did not offer them for the week we needed. I Googled and went directly to their website to book the space. I had a new car and I was concerned with leaving it out in the elements for a week, in an area I did not know what the crime rate was like. They are located in what appears to be a group of converted warehouses directly across from the cruise terminal. The place looks like an old shipping warehouse separated into small compartments that hold about eight or ten cars each. Once the compartment is full, they close and padlock the door to the compartment. We met the couple that ran the operation and found they were locals with a family run operation. We travel heavy, so I decided to drop off our baggage at the terminal in advance which turned out to be the smart thing to do. They did offer us a ride to the corner on a golf cart and we crossed the street with our carry on bags. Be prepared for a short walk to the terminal. When we returned, our car was safe, clean, and cool from being kept inside. Great for your peace of mind while on your cruise. We will be using them again on our next cruise in February.

There is no shuttle, since it's across the street from the terminal (closer to Carnival than Royal Caribbean, but it's not a real issue for us ... and we're pushing 70). What I do is drop off my passengers and luggage at the dock, drive to Park N Cruise, and walk back. I reverse the procedure when returning. The drive-up cost is $55 for the week, but you can book online for $47. If you wish a covered spot, it's $18 additional. They're good people, and your vehicle will be safe. Have a terrific cruise!

Al

• 1 month later...

We used them last Feb. We had a total of 3 vehicles and I booked a head of time. Our spaces were available, right next to each other. There was not a shuttle at the time but the lot is right by the terminal so there is not that much walking. Do like suggested, Drop off passengers and luggage go park and reverse when you get back.

Glad to hear these good reports. I just booked it last night for our cruise 11/11/11. Would you believe that the Port of Galveston, EZ Cruise, etc. are all booked! There were only 2 lots that were available and this was one of them. So, I made a reservation. Usually, parking is no problem, but not on this date!

I have used them before in Jan 2010 and we had no problems at all. Paid for a garage space. This is the closest lot to the dock, right across the street so there is no shuttle and you basically walk across the street. I still recommend you drop the big bags at the dock first however. It will show up on many maps as Island Storage corporation. It is beside the train tracks 2514 New Strand St (which is basically an alley) Galveston, TX 77550 The website has a map: http://galvestonparkncruise.com/

Edited by robinAustin

Glad to hear these good reports. I just booked it last night for our cruise 11/11/11. Would you believe that the Port of Galveston, EZ Cruise, etc. are all booked! There were only 2 lots that were available and this was one of them. So, I made a reservation. Usually, parking is no problem, but not on this date!

We used them last week on our cruise. Very good!! It's the cheapest and closest to terminal. Your cruise must be special due to all the 1's in the date.

We used them last week on our cruise. Very good!! It's the cheapest and closest to terminal. Your cruise must be special due to all the 1's in the date.

Sounds special doesn't it! We hope it turns out to be a good one. It's a 9 day cruise and all the parking lots are booked! It plays havoc with the system when you have a ship that will be gone two entire weekends. The only ones that had room were this one and Discount Cruise Parking. I chose this one because it is so close to the port and we don't have to fool with a shuttle.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your review of park n cruise, I just booked for June after reading the reviews. I like the idea of walking to the car afterwards. We were not happy with our hotel with shuttle service the past 2 cruises, no need for a hotel this time. Have used ez in the past, the car is filthy after 7days parked. So we are doing the indoor so we can head right out.:)

• 1 month later...

We used park and cruise and all we did was prebooked, and I think we may have had to print a coupon but that was't a big deal. We also used an outdoor lot and it is about a block from the cruise terminal gate, My husband dropped everybody off with the luggage the he went to park and then walked back, no problem. Hope this helped.

We have used them 7 times with excellent results, courteous staff and great service.

We forgot a suitcase in their parking lot once, [too anxious to get home] and when I called them, they said they had it for me. They have a shipper in Galveston who went out of his way to get it back to us.

We have used port parking in Galveston. Recently at Christmas we parked 3 cars. If you have a military ID it is free! If you reserve and pay on line you get $5 off. Very convienent. Friends used cheaper parking and had to wait for pick up when they returned. We were out of there in 10 minutes!

We used Galveston Park N Cruise last August with 2 cars. They are directly across the street from the Carnival cruise terminal and within easy walking distance. For convenience the other driver and I dropped off our luggage and companions at the terminal and then drove across the street to park. We used the uncovered part of the lot and had no problems. I will definitely use them again.

We just got back today. What a fantastic parking lot! It is just across the street from the terminal, so we just rolled our bags over. There is no shuttle, but one is unnecessary. Reserve and prepay on line, and they wave you in when you arrive. And the indoor parking was $40 for a 5 day cruise.

• 1 month later...

I also just booked this lot for 9/11. Used Lighthouse last year and had no complaints. Just like the idea of walking across the street without having to wait on a shuttle...not that the wait was that long with Lighthouse. Just not much of a waiting around person.

Edited by dwayneb236

I used them for our October 2010 cruise on the Ecstasy and have them prebooked for our Dec. 10, 2011 cruise on the Triumph! Great location and gives you peace of mind about your vehicle being so secure when using their covered option....