Viking Air

deec

I thought I read that Custom Air fees ( still had to pay difference in fare) was waived if you had done a number of Viking Cruises. I can not find it on the website. Did I imagine this?

I thought I read that Custom Air fees ( still had to pay difference in fare) was waived if you had done a number of Viking Cruises. I can not find it on the website. Did I imagine this?

Unless they have changed the rules, Custom Air is free affter you have paid for it three times.

Unless they have changed the rules, Custom Air is free affter you have paid for it three times.

I am working with custom air and it is $50 pp to use and this will be my 5th trip; no longer an added benefit for repeat travelers.

Edited by H2Otstr

I am working with custom air and it is $50 pp to use and this will be my 5th trip; no longer an added benefit for repeat travelers.

That's weird because when I booked my 2018 cruise they told me that I would get refund after 2017 cruise for air plus

Sharon, on how many of those trips did you use custom air?

Only the upcoming one. Air has usually been OK for the other four trips, but this next trip goes through JFK and we want to avoid that if possible. Snow could be a problem in Feb at JFK.

Only the upcoming one. Air has usually been OK for the other four trips, but this next trip goes through JFK and we want to avoid that if possible. Snow could be a problem in Feb at JFK.

I live 15 minutes from jfk and snow is not a problem, fog is more of a problem mostly for jet blue

That explains it. Custom Air benefit is not based on how many times you have sailed but on how many times you have used custom air. After the 3rd time you pay the fee, it is free thereafter.

That explains it. Custom Air benefit is not based on how many times you have sailed but on how many times you have used custom air. After the 3rd time you pay the fee, it is free thereafter.

Thanks for that info. Talked to our TA this afternoon and Viking ticketed us already so there are no changes to be made unless I want to pay exorbitant

change fees. Well, I will hope for the best and not worry about it :).

• 5 months later...

I think it depends more on the cabin price you've paid and the sales person. We will be doing our fifth next year and sales person gave us Air Plus at no charge and we've used it only once before, but we asked this time.

I think it depends more on the cabin price you've paid and the sales person. We will be doing our fifth next year and sales person gave us Air Plus at no charge and we've used it only once before, but we asked this time.

It might, but the rules on Viking Air Plus have changed since I posted. They are no longer offering three then free and I don't know what the rules are now. The air deal on our upcoming cruise was not every good and we booked our own flights.

I wouldn't use Viking Air if it sais "Free Air". I learned this in a hard way. Last year the air was $200 pp and I happily payed $50.00 pp to have flights I like. I upgraded my tickets through airlines (much cheaper) and was very happy. Not this year. I was told that tickets for Free Air the bottom line and not upgradable through airline but of course Air Department could upgrade me to Premium Economy for $1,900+ pp!!! Airline told me that my travel agency(Viking in this case) blocked the tickets for upgrade.

Dear vnb2003,

We regret to hear about the frustration you’ve experienced trying to secure an upgrade with the airline, and would like an opportunity to discuss with you because Viking Cruises’ promotions do not generally impact the airline’s upgrade policy.

If you’d like to discuss with us, please send an email to Tellus@vikingcruises.com with your booking information, and a Viking Representative will contact you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Viking Cruises

I wouldn't use Viking Air if it sais "Free Air". I learned this in a hard way. Last year the air was $200 pp and I happily payed $50.00 pp to have flights I like. I upgraded my tickets through airlines (much cheaper) and was very happy. Not this year. I was told that tickets for Free Air the bottom line and not upgradable through airline but of course Air Department could upgrade me to Premium Economy for $1,900+ pp!!! Airline told me that my travel agency(Viking in this case) blocked the tickets for upgrade.

Dear vnb2003,

We regret to hear about the frustration you’ve experienced trying to secure an upgrade with the airline, and would like an opportunity to discuss with you because Viking Cruises’ promotions do not generally impact the airline’s upgrade policy.

If you’d like to discuss with us, please send an email to Tellus@vikingcruises.com with your booking information, and a Viking Representative will contact you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Viking Cruises

Dear Viking Cruises,

I already sent email to Tellus@vikingcruises.com and was told that Viking can't do anything because the air was deeply discounted. I was also told that I was already given OBC for my unfortunate encounter with a couple of unprofessional people at Air Department to what I answered please take it back!

The Air Department is far inferior to Viking level of service.

Dear Viking Cruises,

I already sent email to Tellus@vikingcruises.com and was told that Viking can't do anything because the air was deeply discounted. I was also told that I was already given OBC for my unfortunate encounter with a couple of unprofessional people at Air Department to what I answered please take it back!

The Air Department is far inferior to Viking level of service.

Thank you Viking Cruises for working with me on the Air Travel problem.Your solution to it is greatly appreciated! Looking forward to a great trip.

Thank you vnb2003 for coming back and letting us know that Viking Customer Service solved the problem. We often do not hear about good resolutions only complaints.

Thank you vnb2003 for coming back and letting us know that Viking Customer Service solved the problem. We often do not hear about good resolutions only complaints.

To be fair to Viking Air Department it was them who fixed the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Transatlantic May 27 2018 San Juan to Barcelona. Paid for custom air but was told we could only return from Barcelona not Madrid. (We are traveling in Spain on our own.) Anyone else have an experience like this? Every airfare To US I can find is identical from Barcelona and Madrid. Is this just another Viking Air poor customer service situation we have to put up with?

Transatlantic May 27 2018 San Juan to Barcelona. Paid for custom air but was told we could only return from Barcelona not Madrid. (We are traveling in Spain on our own.) Anyone else have an experience like this? Every airfare To US I can find is identical from Barcelona and Madrid. Is this just another Viking Air poor customer service situation we have to put up with?

If your goal is to travel at the airfare listed in your deal, then you are limited to the flights that Viking is offering at that price point.

We have paid for custom air and once before we were willing to pay even extra to get times/dates we wanted. Celebrity allowed the exact same change when we did transatlantic last year at no extra cost with no hassle. We're willing to pay reasonable additional airfare but were told NO by Viking Air. We're seasoned travelers. Have never had any other cruise/air organization be this difficult This makes no sense except to be rigid.

We are on the same cruise. We will pay $100 devaiton fee to fly in two night early to San Juan, (no air plus for San Juan). We will do the Viking post extension, save the $100 deviation fee and pay $50 for air plus. I have been tracking a number of flights from BNC to MSP that would be great for me. My TA says that Viking will not post flights until 75 days out. I prefer Delta and connection times that are over 2 hours. I want to keep the deal I got for Viking air. It is still alot less than my round trip ticket from MSP to BCN in 2016!!!! Viking Air does have limits as I am finding out. So does all air booked through any cruise line.

How many days do you want to travel in Spain after cruise? If you can get back to BNC and get the Viking air price it might be worth it for you..... or just do air on your own?