Cities of Antiquity and the Holy Land

marylovestotravel

Viking has not done this itinerary too many times before (maybe once or twice) and it would have been on the Star or the Sea. I suggest scouring the roll calls to see if there are any rolls calls for any of the sailing. If you find any, post your question there in the hopes that anyone who was posting there is still subscribed and getting notices. Unfortunately, there is no way to private message other members, so you have to hope that they see your post.

Viking has not done this itinerary too many times before (maybe once or twice) and it would have been on the Star or the Sea. I suggest scouring the roll calls to see if there are any rolls calls for any of the sailing. If you find any, post your question there in the hopes that anyone who was posting there is still subscribed and getting notices. Unfortunately, there is no way to private message other members, so you have to hope that they see your post.

Thanks Peregrina, I'm in the process of tracking down past (and future) cruises with our itinerary. There were a few people who mentioned the tour, but I couldn't find out how to contact them. At least I know it wasn't due to any deficiency in my computer skills! I will post on the roll call and see if there are any responses.

Mia

• 2 weeks later...

In reply to question about during the overnight tour offered by Viking, private tour or doing each day separately.

We toured in March this year leaving from Rome and had three days in Holy Land, flying home from Athens.

There were very few CC folks but we did share information before hand. I believe there were two couples who did the private tour arranging it themselves and them left it was good as they saw what they wanted. I did not heard of any CC members doing the Viking overnight but I am sure out of 930 people some did. We selected to book each day's tour so for three days we had 8-10 hour tours. I can tell you, we were tired of cobblestones and soon one church almost looked alike. We are glad we went, enjoyed Viking Sky, the Holy Land was so impressive, but we should have gone 10-15 years ago when younger. Hope this helps a little.

In reply to question about during the overnight tour offered by Viking, private tour or doing each day separately.

We toured in March this year leaving from Rome and had three days in Holy Land, flying home from Athens.

There were very few CC folks but we did share information before hand. I believe there were two couples who did the private tour arranging it themselves and them left it was good as they saw what they wanted. I did not heard of any CC members doing the Viking overnight but I am sure out of 930 people some did. We selected to book each day's tour so for three days we had 8-10 hour tours. I can tell you, we were tired of cobblestones and soon one church almost looked alike. We are glad we went, enjoyed Viking Sky, the Holy Land was so impressive, but we should have gone 10-15 years ago when younger. Hope this helps a little.

Thanks for your feedback. We're sort of in a quandary about what to do and want to make good choices, given that we will probably never be here again.

Mia