Does Viking add on more excursions?

jabrown40

Trying to get an Idea of excursions for the Cuba cruise in November, and right now, there are only 4 excursions listed. I'm hoping they'll come up with a few more, especially since we have to stay with the group. Even the excursions for the other stops are pretty sparse. Do they add on more options as we get closer to our trip? We are at the 5 month mark. It appears we will be doing the other stops on our own - I think it's one of the weaknesses of Viking that you cannot book, or at least see what the prices are, until it is so close to your cruise. With this is mind, I don't want to take a chance of having private excursions booked, so I think I will begin searching on my own for things to do at the other stops.

To amplify - yes. As an example, when I first looked at the excursions for the new this year Panama Central America cruise, there were 3 excursions per port. When I checked them this month, the list for some ports had grown to as many as 8. The offerings are a work in progress. Don't know when they hit a steady state for a given cruise season. One would hope by the 97 days before the first sail date for a particular cruise. Surely they do evolve from year to year based on passenger feedback and other factors. Don't know what they do if an excursion gets really bad feedback; the response time to yank it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums