Beach Limerz vs Valley Church Beach

menis

I actually had the same question!

I've been to Valley Church beach before and it's beautiful. What I didn't care for was how crowded it was and the steep drop off into the water.

Last month when we were there we did a day pass at Jolly Beach Resort and were super disappointed. Our original plan was to go there again next month but we were so disappointed I wasn't about to go there again.

For next month we went back and forth about where we wanted to go. I've read so much about Beachlimerz recently I reached out to them to see what they offer. Here's what's included in their "day pass"

DAY PASS INFORMATION

​​​ CRUISERS ONLY

Day Passes are USD60 PP (including tax). The Day Pass includes the following:

(a) Use of Water Sports equipment (kayaks, body boards, standup paddleboards, snorkeling equipment)

(b) Use of Chaise Lounges and Beach umbrellas

© 2 Rum Punches (OR 2 Wadadli Beers) AND 2 Waters per person

(d) Beach BBQ - Ribs, Chicken, Fish, Hamburgers Sides - Fries, Potato Salad, Grilled Vegggies, Rice, Sauteed Potatoes & Green Salad.​ Dessert - House made Bread Pudding drizzled w/coconut rum sauce.

(e) We are located seconds from Fort James itself and some guests enjoy a walk around the old Fort which itself dates back to the early 18th century and retains most of the old structure .

Groups of 10 or more pay USD53 PP ( including ABST).

Distance from port - about 2miles. Currently taxi cost is US$3 per person each way.

When we started to figure out how much it would cost us to spend the day at Valley Church we decided the day pass at Beachlimerz was well worth it.

The cost of the cab round trip to Valley Church is $16 per person....cost round trip to Beachlimerz is $6 per person. By the time you pay for a few drinks, chair, umbrella, and lunch at Valley Church you're paying the same as the day at Beachlimerz but without the water toys our teens want.

The kids want the paddle boards and kayaks so ultimately we chose Beachlimerz. Gail is super nice to work with and the beach pictures look just as pretty as Valley Church, just on a smaller scale. And hopefully, without the crazy crowds!

We come back from our cruise on April 2nd. I'll let you know about our experience as soon as we get back!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I also like beach Limerz

thanks so much for all of this info, I do find abit pricey $240 (4of us) for a day at the beach. But Im leaning towards going there and doing the pay as you go, since we probably won't be there the full day.

Please ..please let me know how it went for you guys. We leave April 9th so it works perfect for your feedback. Have a great time and best of luck !

My husband and I were there a few weeks ago and we both enjoyed our day there. Our bill was about $70.00 which included a few drinks, i think we had 2 or 3 appetizers and also chairs and umbrella. Don't forgot that the menu is in Caribbean $'s.

My husband and I were there a few weeks ago and we both enjoyed our day there. Our bill was about $70.00 which included a few drinks, i think we had 2 or 3 appetizers and also chairs and umbrella. Don't forgot that the menu is in Caribbean $'s.[/quotequoted

How did you like it?

Did you do the pay as you go?

My husband and I were there a few weeks ago and we both enjoyed our day there. Our bill was about $70.00 which included a few drinks, i think we had 2 or 3 appetizers and also chairs and umbrella. Don't forgot that the menu is in Caribbean $'s.[/quotequoted

How did you like it?

Did you do the pay as you go?

We enjoyed our day there and we did pay as you go. They kept a tab for us and even came down to the beach to deliver our drinks and lunch. The beach was not crowded at all and there were no vendors. The beach was beautiful, but some waves as the tide came in. I will post a few photos tomorrow.

Here is some info and pictures from Beach Limerz.

Rent chairs $5 and umbrellas $10 each. If you spend $30 in food and drink they will discount the rental cost of your chair and umbrella by 50%. We ran a tab for our food and drinks and it was taken off when we settled our bill. Taxi is $3.00 per person.

DSC_6424_zpsly1mv65j.jpg

DSC_6423_zpsmxwcdvec.jpg

DSC_6408_zpsc9h5g5u5.jpg

DSC_6456_zpsfcjsaps4.jpg

DSC_6430_zpsvs0ao00w.jpg

DSC_6428_zpsvpw0pmzc.jpg

Here is some info and pictures from Beach Limerz.

Rent chairs $5 and umbrellas $10 each. If you spend $30 in food and drink they will discount the rental cost of your chair and umbrella by 50%. We ran a tab for our food and drinks and it was taken off when we settled our bill. Taxi is $3.00 per person.

It looks so peaceful and beautiful, thanks for sharing !

We told the driver when we wanted to go back the ship. He was there, right on time.

Thanks, enjoyed Coconut Grove this time but may try Limerz next time.

Did they have jet skis that came in close - that was the only thing I wasn't too keen on at Coconut.

• 4 weeks later...
I also like beach Limerz

thanks so much for all of this info, I do find abit pricey $240 (4of us) for a day at the beach. But Im leaning towards going there and doing the pay as you go, since we probably won't be there the full day.

Please ..please let me know how it went for you guys. We leave April 9th so it works perfect for your feedback. Have a great time and best of luck !

We LOVED it!!! I won't go anywhere else!!! Gail and her staff were AMAZING! The lunch was the BEST we had anywhere. The service was second to none! There were only 13 of us there!!!! It was PARADISE!!!

61065c53b5e8532b3656282b06f20dd6.jpgef7252606eab79d03c92a10ca2d851c0.jpg66e243916da781b50d99e00ef386c1fe.jpga4e701a2b35ab4aef654a5da0b36af43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We LOVED it!!! I won't go anywhere else!!! Gail and her staff were AMAZING! The lunch was the BEST we had anywhere. The service was second to none! There were only 13 of us there!!!! It was PARADISE!!!

61065c53b5e8532b3656282b06f20dd6.jpgef7252606eab79d03c92a10ca2d851c0.jpg66e243916da781b50d99e00ef386c1fe.jpga4e701a2b35ab4aef654a5da0b36af43.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this pictures !! It looks so beautiful we will be there next week :cool:

Thank you so much for posting this pictures !! It looks so beautiful we will be there next week :cool:

Make sure you tell Gail that Natalie says hi! Our day there was exceptional. I know you will all have an amazing day!

Our day at Beachlimerz was fabulous!! There were five ships in port and Antigua was totally over crowded, but not Beachlimerz.

Gail told us there was to have been a group of 20, but had to cancel at the last minute. We were the only ones scheduled. A couple of other groups wandered through.

The food was delicious, service great, and beach totally uncrowded. We visited with others on the ship who had an a less than wonderful on other beaches due to the crowds. A lady came by asking if we were interested in a massage. No other vendors. It was a bit windy the day we were there, so we opted not to use the beach toys.

We did walk up to Fort St. James. The view was a million dollar view. The fort, however, is very rugged. The cannons were interesting.

Note about the taxi: Prices will vary depending on how many the taxi is transporting. We were the only two, so we had to pay $12 each way. These guys have to make a living somehow and understand they can't run a taxi without filling it up. Gail arranged for us to meet our taxi driver, Anthony. He had a sign, so we knew who he was. Told him what time we wanted to be picked up. He sent his fiance who arrived promptly at the designated time.

Next time in Antigua will bring us back to Beachlimerz. Looking at the pictures posted here made me want to be there right now!

Beach Limmerz-I hesitate to post a positive review because the crowds will come. This is not a resort but a small restaurant and bar with a cove along side it on the sea. I do not remember it being rocky but then again I always bring beach shoes. I am in my mid 60's and had no problem getting in and out of the water with my fake knees. We just pick up a taxi at port who agreed to come back at a set time. He returned early. This is one of the closer beaches to the port so your travel time and travel cost are less than your other choices. There was only one other couple on the beach with us. Ed did the walk up to fort ruins and enjoyed the view. No much to see of the ruins but interesting. A bit to the right of us was a RCCL excursion. The beach there was nicer looking but not as intimate as our little cove. There was horseback riding right near us and if that is your thing I am sure Gail can hook you up. When we arrived we were greeted as we exited from the taxi by the owner making us feel like VIP's. The food was very good. Yes there were bathrooms and an outdoor shower to get the sand off. We will be back there this December.

Would you prefer Beach Limerz over Darkwood Beach. Have been to Jolly Beach and did not care for it. Can you just pay for chairs and umbrella without doing a day pass at Limerz? Do they frown on just putting down a towel instead of pay for chairs/umbrella. Will be going to Antigua in May 2017.

We preferred Limerz over Darkwood and Valley Church. We paid as we went. We charged full price for the chairs and umbrella but then it was discounted when we had our lunch. We are not big drinkers so it was cheaper to do that than buying the day pass. The beach is public so you are not required to use their chairs. Remember this is not a resort but a quiet corner of heaven. They quietly come by once in awhile to see if you want a drink. No pressure.