Paradise Point

cruisieparker

Good Afternoon,

I have read several reviews on getting to the tram at Paradise Point and still I have a few questions. There are 8 of us and we are mostly seniors with a few afraid of heights (I am both).;)

Are there a lot of steps up to the place where you get on the Tram?

Can you get a taxi to take you to the top to the restaurant and shopping for those that are afraid of heights? If so, will taxi's be there waiting for you when you take in the views, look around and shop or do you need to ask one to come back and pick you up at a certain time.

Is there a place to go to enjoy the views if you don't take the tram?

Does Paradise Point charge a fee if you take a taxi up and don't ride their tram?

Thanks so much for any info you can give me.

Sherry

Hi Sherry,

There are steps to the lower tram station I can't remember if there are 6 or 12 but I'm sure someone has a photo to share.

You can take a taxi up, and if no taxis are waiting when you are ready they will call one for you.

The views from the restaurant area and from the gazebo up above are excellent, you do not need to take the tram to enjoy the views, although that is another great way to see the view.

There is no charge to go there, only for food and drinks.

If anyone in your party taxis up and decides to tram down they can pay for a one-way ride.

• 3 weeks later...

There are many steps...I would say upwards of 20 from the ticket booth up to where you board the tram. Additionally, if you take the tram, there are just as many steps down to the restaurant after you get off the tram...

I have never taken a taxi, but if anyone had difficulty with stairs, I would certainly do that.

I would also point out that for not much more than the cost of the tram you can take a tour of the island that lasts around 3 hrs. and you won't have to worry about mobility issues. Those open air taxis are a fun way to see the highlights of St. Thomas.