Visa for Non U.S. Passport Holder

dana77kc

We leave on Royal Caribbean on Nov 4th. My husband is a British citizen and passport holder. I spent 25 minutes on the phone with RC trying to answer a simple question. I finally had to hang up before I lost my cool. It seems to me that all paperwork pertains to Americans only. Am I misinterpreting this? What do Non U.S. Citizens have to do?

Thanks in advance,

Dana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the form is the same because it has to do with returning through US customs. That said, I've heard it's only given a cursory glance and no one might even notice.

I just filled out my forms for the Carnival visa, and it did have a line for country of passport and passport number. I put US in mine but you could just use the same form and write Great Britain?

I believe the form is the same because it has to do with returning through US customs. That said, I've heard it's only given a cursory glance and no one might even notice.

I just filled out my forms for the Carnival visa, and it did have a line for country of passport and passport number. I put US in mine but you could just use the same form and write Great Britain?

A Cuban visa (tourist card) has nothing to do with US Customs. It is a document required by Cuban immigration.

A Cuban visa (tourist card) has nothing to do with US Customs. It is a document required by Cuban immigration.

Oh you're right, and different cruise lines probably handle it differently, but carnival had me fill out a form in order for them to acquire my visa. This wasn't a governmental form, it was from the cruise line.

We leave on Royal Caribbean on Nov 4th. My husband is a British citizen and passport holder. I spent 25 minutes on the phone with RC trying to answer a simple question. I finally had to hang up before I lost my cool. It seems to me that all paperwork pertains to Americans only. Am I misinterpreting this? What do Non U.S. Citizens have to do?

Thanks in advance,

Dana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You still need the Cuban Tourist card no matter what your citizenship is

If you were to fly to Cuba the tourist card/fee is included in the air fare but since you are going by ship from the USA you will have to get the visa/tourist card

it is just as easy to let the cruise line do it unless you have a Cuban Embassy close to you & can get the right Tourist card there

For what it's worth, I traveled to Cuba in March on a cruise with a non-us resident and what I was told is that per the arrangement with the Cuban government, the US was still responsible since that is where the origination port was. My travel companion still had to fill out all the U.S. paperwork despite her being from canada where travel to Cuba is legal. So most of the paperwork seems US centric.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app