Ponant Le Lyrial

caviargal

We are just a few weeks out from our Ponant cruise and there is so little information available here and on the internet in general.

I am very interested in the quality of their onboard internet. I have to keep in touch as I am a small business owner. I have no problem paying for their pricey internet, but need to be sure I will have a decent connection at least some of the time.

Also, my carrier does not offer a calling package with Ponant. If I use my cell for calls, do they slap on a roaming fee as well to ride their satellite? I cannot get a straight answer from the cruise line.

We are doing the Adriatic and I am looking into a MiFi rental if the onboard internet quality is not up to a good standard.

For clothing, I am assuming resort elegant would be appropriate, similar to what we would wear to a resort on the beaches in the south of France? For the Captain's receptions, does my husband need a sport coat?

TIA

We did a cruise on Le Boreal in January to Antarctica, we loved it!!

In regards to Internet, I just bought the 100minute package and sent a message to my kids most days, sent a few photos and also put a few photos on Facebook, it wasn't super fast but for what I needed it was sufficient.

We found the food fantastic and enjoyed most things, the included alcohol was generous and we were happy with the wines provided.

In regards to dress, we were on an expedition cruise and I believe they are more casual, we certainly didn't dress up but had nice casual each night for dinner. The captains dinner more people dressed up, with many men in suits and jackets, the staff were in black tie. we were a group of 3 couples and none of the men took a coat or tie, however we were travelling for 8 weeks, climbing Machu Picchu, 4wd across the Bolivian desert etc, so we weren't carrying around heavy dresses and suits for our holiday.

We loved it so much we have just booked another cruise on the new Le Champlian through the Arctic :)

• 3 weeks later...
We did a cruise on Le Boreal in January to Antarctica, we loved it!!

In regards to Internet, I just bought the 100minute package and sent a message to my kids most days, sent a few photos and also put a few photos on Facebook, it wasn't super fast but for what I needed it was sufficient.

We found the food fantastic and enjoyed most things, the included alcohol was generous and we were happy with the wines provided.

In regards to dress, we were on an expedition cruise and I believe they are more casual, we certainly didn't dress up but had nice casual each night for dinner. The captains dinner more people dressed up, with many men in suits and jackets, the staff were in black tie. we were a group of 3 couples and none of the men took a coat or tie, however we were travelling for 8 weeks, climbing Machu Picchu, 4wd across the Bolivian desert etc, so we weren't carrying around heavy dresses and suits for our holiday.

We loved it so much we have just booked another cruise on the new Le Champlian through the Arctic :)

Did you do a review?

Your travels sound absolutely wonderful. Like you, we always travel light when we cruise, as we do land travel as well. Dressing up is not expected on Expedition travel, which adds to the enjoyment.

Dear All,

We would like to thank you for your interest in the company PONANT.

We understand that you need information about Wi-Fi on board.

Wi-Fi internet access is available on all of our ships, in both the cabins and the communal areas. One or several computers are at your disposal in the recreation centres.

Three Wi-Fi plans are available for purchase at Reception:

• Plan 1: 100 minutes for €30
  • Plan 2: 240 minutes for €60
  • Plan 3: 1,000 minutes for €180

Please note that the Wi-Fi connection may be slower or interrupted in certain geographic regions or due to circumstances outside of our control.

We hope to have answered your questions. If this is not the case, we are at your disposal to answer them.

Kind regards,

The PONANT team.