Port Restaurants - Huahine and Bora Bora

MarLieb

I am trying to get a reservation at Le Lezard Jaune Cafe, but I'm finding them to be very difficult to get a hold of and so far our hotel hasn't helped either!

Menu looks pretty delicious there!

I have read that we need reservation for Snack Mahana in Moorea but I haven't found a way to contact them. Can somebody help me out? It sounds perfect for the day we have our car rental.

I have found reservations are not necessary arriving around 1:30-2:00. I was told between 12 and 1 it is.

They have a Facebook page with phone number. Be careful as to not get there too late as they close mid afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Ate there (snack Mohana) about 2 week ago. Tuna Tartar is excellent.

Also ate at Hibiscus "Le Sunset" Restaurant (same location as the Hibiscus hotel) and Les Tipaniers. All very good

Also did Les 3 Brasseurs Bistro and le Rétro in Papeete.

Cheers

Ate there (snack Mohana) about 2 week ago. Tuna Tartar is excellent.

Also ate at Hibiscus "Le Sunset" Restaurant (same location as the Hibiscus hotel) and Les Tipaniers. All very good

Also did Les 3 Brasseurs Bistro and le Rétro in Papeete.

Cheers

Dang ... we ate at Snack Mahana 2 weeks ago this Friday. Had the curry shrimp, yummy. Maybe we were there at the same time :)

Yes Les Tips is good and the setting wonderful.

I was finally able to contact them through iMessenger! Yes, they pick up. :)

Just wanted to report back that we DID eat at Le Lezard Jaune and it was SO good! The poisson cru was possibly one of the best things I've ever eaten in my entire life.

We didn't eat off the ship in Huahine or Bora Bora. We found we enjoyed the food and staff on the ship so much, we didn't want to miss our meals there!

• 1 year later...
On 6/10/2017 at 7:54 AM, twin123185 said:

I have eaten at La Villa Mahana three times and it is simply amazing. Not cheap though. They will pick you up at the tender dock and drive you back.

They take reservations a year in advance as there are not a lot of tables.

For lunch on MOOREA try Snack Mahana. It's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but wife and I will be on the PG for our 2nd anniversary. The actual day of our anniversary is day 1 of Bora Bora. It seems like La Villa is the place to go. Did you eat lunch or dinner there? If dinner, how did that work with getting back on the boat? If lunch, what was that like in terms of menu, cost and time? 

No worries!  They are only open for dinner.  You can email them with your details and they will pick up from from the tender dock area and also drive you back when dinner is finished.  My son ate their last year and he loved it also.  The food is just amazing.  The email address was on their website.  Haven’t looked in ages.  Enjoy and congrats!

http://www.villamahana.com/

8 hours ago, twin123185 said:

No worries!  They are only open for dinner.  You can email them with your details and they will pick up from from the tender dock area and also drive you back when dinner is finished.  My son ate their last year and he loved it also.  The food is just amazing.  The email address was on their website.  Haven’t looked in ages.  Enjoy and congrats!

http://www.villamahana.com/

Ok thanks! What is the last tender to go from port to the boat? 

• 3 weeks later...

Moorea - We loved Rudy's. They picked us up from the Hilton. You'll need to check from the ship if they will pick you up. We had parrot fish (their specialty), escargo, shrimp. See pictures below. 

I would skip Moorea Beach Club although they have a fantastic sunset view. Food was meh.

Bora Bora - Bloody Mary's was a complete disappointment. Hard wood seats with no backs. Fans were not doing the trick on a hot evening.  Food was just ok

IMG_7696.JPG

IMG_7697.JPG

IMG_7698.JPG

IMG_7700.JPG

IMG_7701.JPG

IMG_7702.JPG