Best month to cruise to Baja

faith1118

Hi, I was trying to decide what month to go to Baja. I was looking at 4 day cruises sailing from LB, and going to Catalina and Ensenada. I was trying to figure out if early November, early December, mid January, February, March, or July was the best time to go. Any input? Thanks

I would go in July. If you go in winter it will likely be cool and possibly rainy. Early November and late March can have nice weather, but it won't be anything like a cruise in the Caribbean where it is warm or hot all year long. Of course if you go outside of summer, you won't be competing with the locals for space in tourist locations.

Best in what way?

July will have the most kids. The other months have a chance of rain.

Personally we avoid July because of the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly a 4 day to Baja is so brief with minimal stops that I do not think there is a "best" time. As you see previous posters totally diverge in their opinions. Really should relate to best time for you, as well as whether you want lots of younger kids on board. All the 4 days will overall have a more youthful vibe but summer will be more kids in that mix. Prepare for lots of alcohol being consumed.

I would go in July. If you go in winter it will likely be cool and possibly rainy. Early November and late March can have nice weather, but it won't be anything like a cruise in the Caribbean where it is warm or hot all year long. Of course if you go outside of summer, you won't be competing with the locals for space in tourist locations.

November-May is beautiful weather in Cabo. Not sure where you are coming up with rainy, if it rains at all in Cabo, it is during hurricane season, May-Nov. Cabo is a desert. I was there last winter for six months and the lowest temps ranged from 59-72 and that was for a brief period of time. The one thing Cabo has over the Caribbean, especially in the winter, is no humidity. July will be hot and humid.

Not sure what you mean about competing with locals for space in tourist locations, we locals have our own hangouts and welcome tourist to discover them.

Anyone gone in October? Weather, Kid's?

October can still be warm at the beginning of the month and starting to cool off with less humidity as the month goes on. The best part about October in Cabo are the big fishing tournaments. Check out information on the Bisbee Black & Blue tournament. These are big money tournaments, the water is just right for the fish. Even if you are not competing, it is fun to watch the boats take off when the guns sound.

Kids are in school.