Last Minute Questions

deladane

We fly out to FP one week from today and just had a few last minute questions...

1) Do the gas stations in Moorea take credit card? and where are the gas stations located?

2) Are there any open container laws? We were planning to bring either a few bottles of Hinano or maybe a bottle of wine to the public beach in Moorea- then we realized that might not be legal haha If we do this, is there any need to be discrete?

3) What is a good backup plan if it rains? We are spending 6 days in Moorea and as of right now, the various weather websites are forecasting rain for nearly every day :mad: I had planned lots of outdoor activities and excursions for us, but won't want to do that if it's bad weather. Are there any indoor activities in Moorea? We are staying at a small hotel, not one of the big resorts, but we do have a rental car for the duration of our stay.

4) On the last day of our cruise, we want to leave our luggage with the ship and go shopping at La Marche for a little while before coming back to collect our bags. Does anyone know how late they will hold our bags?

5) Does Temae Beach have outdoor showers or bathrooms where we can wash up a little bit? Our plan for one of the days is to go to the beach there in the afternoon, then go straight to dinner at a restaurant on the North shore so we won’t be able to go back to our hotel to shower and get changed. Just wondering if there’s a way we can get cleaned up a bit at one of the public beaches (even if it’s not a warm shower, which I suspect it won’t be lol)

Thanks in advance for your help! :cool:

We fly out to FP one week from today and just had a few last minute questions...

1) Do the gas stations in Moorea take credit card? and where are the gas stations located?

2) Are there any open container laws? We were planning to bring either a few bottles of Hinano or maybe a bottle of wine to the public beach in Moorea- then we realized that might not be legal haha If we do this, is there any need to be discrete?

3) What is a good backup plan if it rains? We are spending 6 days in Moorea and as of right now, the various weather websites are forecasting rain for nearly every day :mad: I had planned lots of outdoor activities and excursions for us, but won't want to do that if it's bad weather. Are there any indoor activities in Moorea? We are staying at a small hotel, not one of the big resorts, but we do have a rental car for the duration of our stay.

4) On the last day of our cruise, we want to leave our luggage with the ship and go shopping at La Marche for a little while before coming back to collect our bags. Does anyone know how late they will hold our bags?

5) Does Temae Beach have outdoor showers or bathrooms where we can wash up a little bit? Our plan for one of the days is to go to the beach there in the afternoon, then go straight to dinner at a restaurant on the North shore so we won’t be able to go back to our hotel to shower and get changed. Just wondering if there’s a way we can get cleaned up a bit at one of the public beaches (even if it’s not a warm shower, which I suspect it won’t be lol)

Thanks in advance for your help! :cool:

Yes on the credit card but they do have a minimum, I think 1500 CFP

Yes there are laws, wait until your at the beach bfore opening

If it rains do the nasty if you a couple

It always says it rains, it usually doesn't ;)

You can leave your bags while you go to Marche, the time to pickup will depend on your plans that you may have made with PG or on your own but typically your fine until at least 10am, later if you have made arrangements for transfer with PG.

Ask Emdee about facilities at the beach. I know there is one but never have used so I have no idea what it may look like.

Yes on the credit card but they do have a minimum, I think 1500 CFP

Yes there are laws, wait until your at the beach bfore opening

If it rains do the nasty if you a couple

It always says it rains, it usually doesn't ;)

You can leave your bags while you go to Marche, the time to pickup will depend on your plans that you may have made with PG or on your own but typically your fine until at least 10am, later if you have made arrangements for transfer with PG.

Ask Emdee about facilities at the beach. I know there is one but never have used so I have no idea what it may look like.

I have seen a toilet to one side of the beach but have not used it. We tend to go to the beach only for a couple of hours. We wear our swimsuits under our wraps or clothes.