O Canada Victoria Highlights

Hello all,

My husband and I will be stopping in Victoria from 7:pm to midnight next week, and were not sure what to do while there because of the later hour. I booked us on the "O Canada Victoria Highlights" tour from our cruise ship which is a bus tour around the city and Mount Tolmie and a stop at Tim Hortons. It sounded wonderful and relaxing but now I am wondering if we will even see anything on this tour since it will be dark outside.

Was thinking of canceling and doing something different, but my husband says I worry too much and it will be great.

Any insight on this tour at night in the dark?

Thank you very much :)

Hello all,

My husband and I will be stopping in Victoria from 7:pm to midnight next week, and were not sure what to do while there because of the later hour. I booked us on the "O Canada Victoria Highlights" tour from our cruise ship which is a bus tour around the city and Mount Tolmie and a stop at Tim Hortons. It sounded wonderful and relaxing but now I am wondering if we will even see anything on this tour since it will be dark outside.

Was thinking of canceling and doing something different, but my husband says I worry too much and it will be great.

Any insight on this tour at night in the dark?

Thank you very much :)

It will light enough to see things . As it gets dark the downtown lights and the legislature building gets an outline in lights.

...but now I am wondering if we will even see anything on this tour since it will be dark outside....

It will not be dark outside. Even with twilight it will still be beautiful. Here is a chart (I don't know your date but you can find it):

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/canada/victoria?month=9&year=2017

It sounds like a nice tour and Mt. Tolmie is spectacular but crowded. Not altogether sure if you are allowed to get off the bus there (we were there just a few weeks ago for sunset and saw the large tour buses). Tim Hortons is a coffee and donut chain in Canada.

If you decide to cancel and look for something else to do, this board is filled with threads on exactly that. Just use the "search this forum" function on the right hand side for Victoria.

It's a short stop, so a basic drive around tour does seem a reasonable option - but compare what you're paying to the ship (in USD!) with local tour providers instead... you may be able to see the exact same stuff for a fraction of the price.