Gel Blue Voyager Choice single trip plan

hannahsnana

I am looking for anyone who has purchased this insurance and actually had to use it. Having had 5 surgeries this past year I definitely need to have coverage outside the country! I followed advice from this forum and talked with Kim at tripinsurance store.com. She advised me that this was a good policy as I have preexisting conditions. Has anyone had experience with their network of doctors and coverage? Thanks for any advice you may give!

I don't have experience with Geo Blue since it can't be sold to residents of Washington State.

However, I am curious about your question of in network doctors and coverage.

You probably know this but,,, are you aware that all travel insurance is reimbursement only?

Which means you pay the bill yourself, and then, when you get home, you file for reimbursement.

There are some scenarios where the travel insurance company will offer proof of ability to pay and/or pay up front for evacuation, but that service is limited.

According to the GeoBlue web site, if you use one of the "in-network" physicians listed on their app for each country, they do all the paperwork and you do not have to submit any medical claim.

https://www.geobluetravelinsurance.com/marketing/physician-and-provider-network.cfm

GeoBlue has an elite network of doctors from most every specialty ready to see you in over 180 countries. Only a small fraction of doctors around the world meet GeoBlue’s exacting standards—participation is by invitation only. We seek out professionals certified by the American or Royal Board of Medical Specialties who speak English, and we factor in recommendations by over 158 Physician Advisors from all over the world.

We assemble in-depth provider profiles so our members can choose with confidence, and we put formal contracts in place to ensure preferred patient access. GeoBlue doctors and hospitals bill us directly so you don’t have to worry about filing a claim.

Learn something new every day.

Now, I have the same question as the OP.

Nice that they have an extended networks of approved doctors and hospitals.

How assured am I that if I get medically evacuated from the ship, what are the odds that I'm going to a network facility?

What it means is that if you get lucky and you have the time to contact Geo Blue first ( they do have an app for this ) to find out if there is a network doctor nearby, and you can arrange to be sent to this doctor/hospital, then you don't have to fill out any claim forms. Otherwise, as with most trip insurance, you will pay the non-network doctor or hospital for services and then submit this all in your claim.

That also means that you will probably still need to file a claim for any initial medical care onboard the ship, even if you can find the network care nearby.

Edited by cherylandtk

I don't have experience with Geo Blue since it can't be sold to residents of Washington State.

However, I am curious about your question of in network doctors and coverage.

You probably know this but,,, are you aware that all travel insurance is reimbursement only?

Which means you pay the bill yourself, and then, when you get home, you file for reimbursement.

There are some scenarios where the travel insurance company will offer proof of ability to pay and/or pay up front for evacuation, but that service is limited.

I live in Washington and purchased a Trekker multi trip policy. I believe the Voyager policies are also available. I was not able to buy a policy a few years ago, so I assume the commissioner has allowed them to be sold now.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...
I live in Washington and purchased a Trekker multi trip policy. I believe the Voyager policies are also available. I was not able to buy a policy a few years ago, so I assume the commissioner has allowed them to be sold now.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

I live in Washington also and am looking at purchasing the Geo Blue Multi Trip Policy. It was not available to me when I tried last year.

• 9 months later...
Anyone else frustrated that it's okay to mention and pretty much endorse every shifty travel insurance business by name, but we can't even mention any travel companies?:(

:confused: Nope, not really.

Whoever you pick, be careful about whether they provide primary coverage, or secondary coverage. Secondary coverage means that your US insurance or medicare has to pay first and this can result in a nightmare. Also, look carefully at the pre-existing conditions limitations. I have not had a claim but use GeoBlue because they completely waive pre-existing conditions exclusions if you have certain types of insurance (usually PPO plans) as your US coverage.