Taxi Miami airport to Port of Miami

just4funsail

Is it easy to get a van taxi at the airport? We will be four with luggage, therefore will require a van or SUV taxi. Does anybody know how much we can expect to pay for taxi? Also, we are landing at noon and our embarcation is 1:30-2:30, we are from Canada and need to go through security at the airport, do we have enough time?

As Cruiser Bruce said, there are lots of taxis so no worries there.

I know you might not want to hear this but I do not recommend flying in the day of the cruise. Most cruise lines require you to be on board 90 minutes before the cruise and I would add to that at least one hour from the time you land to getting your luggage and over to the port.

If you flight is delayed or cancelled that can be a problem.

Keith

You wouldn't clear security in Florida upon arrival from Canada. Are you talking about immigration and customs?

Many Canadian airports have US preclearance, where you clear US immigration and customs before you leave Canada. If you're leaving from Toronto (YYZ), you will have US preclearance.

Your flight to the US is treated like a domestic flight. In this case, you just walk off the plane in Florida, get your bags and leave.

Agree you are cutting this way too close. Any delay with your flight, and you're in trouble.

Also, we are landing at noon and our embarcation is 1:30-2:30, we are from Canada and need to go through security at the airport, do we have enough time?

Yikes. More below...

Agree you are cutting this way too close. Any delay with your flight, and you're in trouble.

MAJOR trouble. I can't tell you how much this bothers me and it's not even my cruise!! OP only has one post and we know next to nothing about the circumstances: pre-clearance at a Canadian airport? Actual time of ship departure? What about mechanical failure, computer glitch, bad weather in either city or along the way?..... Holy smokes, so much could go wrong. There are often thunderstorms in the Fort Lauderdale area (it delayed us from leaving once, for four hours).

OP, if you come back to this thread, I would absolutely encourage you to CHANGE THAT FLIGHT. You never know what could happen.

Is it easy to get a van taxi at the airport? We will be four with luggage, therefore will require a van or SUV taxi. Does anybody know how much we can expect to pay for taxi? Also, we are landing at noon and our embarcation is 1:30-2:30, we are from Canada and need to go through security at the airport, do we have enough time?

The issue is not so much your embarkation time of 1:30 - 2:30, which likely is a recommended and not mandatory time, but your ship's departure time. With most cruise lines you need to be on board 90 minutes before departure. So verify that and determine when the 90 minute on board time puts you and work back from that.

As others have said there are many things that can delay your arrival both to the airport and to the ship that if you have the option to get an earlier arrival or perhaps come in the day before, that will be better. But if you can't, hopefully you will arrive by the required time. If the flight arrives on time and all goes smoothly from there you should be alright. Good luck.

Edited by leaveitallbehind