Iguazu Falls attire

OldBoot

I expect to get wet while exploring Iguazu Falls. So, who has advice on how to dress in a hot humid climate near the falls? A rain poncho seems like it would be so warm you'd sweat through your clothes and no poncho means you will be soaked by the spray. Bathing suit and cover up perhaps???

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I expect to get wet while exploring Iguazu Falls. So, who has advice on how to dress in a hot humid climate near the falls? A rain poncho seems like it would be so warm you'd sweat through your clothes and no poncho means you will be soaked by the spray. Bathing suit and cover up perhaps???

Rain poncho probably the best. Mostly need to protect the cameras and sometimes you don't even get wet is you stay out of the spray.

Rain poncho probably the best. Mostly need to protect the cameras and sometimes you don't even get wet is you stay out of the spray.
That is so helpful. I forgot that the cameras will need protection too.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

From my experience in march 2017 expect hot and humid. The water spray is not too bad unless you take the boat ride into/near the falls. Did see lots of young people in bathing suits but think they took the boat ride

Edited by tcdcruiser
Oops

That is so helpful. I forgot that the cameras will need protection too.

BTW- You only carry the Poncho folded up and put it only if you think you are getting wet. Yes it is hot with them on. Wet and hot or just hot your choice.

We did every trail on the Argentine side and had no need for rain ponchos. We were also carrying a DSLR with no protection, and it did not get wet. I can't imagine walking around in that heat and humidity wearing a poncho.
This makes 100% sense to me. Thanks for posting.

Unless you plan to do the boat trip to the falls (where you will get all soaked), you won't get really wet after your visit.

When you plan to go? If it is between december to march, it will be really hot and humid, so your cloths will dry very soon.

Thanks!

We went in November. It was warm. I wore shorts out of quick dry fabric. As stated above, the only chance of getting wet is on the boat tour under the Falls, and even then, you may wear a rain poncho if you want to avoid it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums