has anyone used travel insurance through royal

NEPhillyLizzie

Thousands of people do. Do you have a specific question?

Yes I purchased the insurance through the travel agent. I asked them specific questions.... however I am getting a run around. Her my roommate is in intensive care. I called the insurance company and said that they can not give me an answer if I had to cancel for his health would I get a full refund

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know what your policy says. I've never had a trip insurance policy that would pay for cancelation due to a roommate's illness.

If the TA sold you this policy, they should be able to answer your question. You can read your copy of coverage to see if this is covered.

I don't know what your policy says. I've never had a trip insurance policy that would pay for cancelation due to a roommate's illness.

If the TA sold you this policy, they should be able to answer your question. You can read your copy of coverage to see if this is covered.

There isn't anything that states what happens.

If the TA sold you this policy, they should be able to answer your question.
While that is true, I wouldn't trust a TA's word. It surely wouldn't hold up in court, if it comes to that.

There isn't anything that states what happens.
There is surely a portion that describes covered reasons. What insurance company is underwriting your insurance and what insurance product did you purchase?

The insurance I have covers "Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a Family Member or Traveling Companion, booked to travel with You..." and "Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a non-traveling Family Member..." It defines Family Member as, "Family Member means Your or a Traveling Companion's legal or common law spouse, parent, legal guardian, step-parent, grandparent, parents-in-law, grandchild, natural or adopted child, step-child, children-in-law, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew or Business Partner who reside in the United States, Canada or Mexico."

While that is true, I wouldn't trust a TA's word. It surely wouldn't hold up in court, if it comes to that.

There is surely a portion that describes covered reasons. What insurance company is underwriting your insurance and what insurance product did you purchase?

The insurance I have covers "Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a Family Member or Traveling Companion, booked to travel with You..." and "Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a non-traveling Family Member..." It defines Family Member as, "Family Member means Your or a Traveling Companion's legal or common law spouse, parent, legal guardian, step-parent, grandparent, parents-in-law, grandchild, natural or adopted child, step-child, children-in-law, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew or Business Partner who reside in the United States, Canada or Mexico."

Thank you. He is only a friend and we are not related. He had a pre existing condition and is in icu. I called the insurance and they say they cannot tell me what is covered until I put a claim in

I called the insurance and they say they cannot tell me what is covered until I put a claim in

I think that's standard. They probably don't want people "claim shopping". They probably want people to do whatever it is they're going to do and not make decisions about what they're going to do based on whether it has a cash payout.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I think that's standard. They probably don't want people "claim shopping". They probably want people to do whatever it is they're going to do and not make decisions about what they're going to do based on whether it has a cash payout.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Thank you. I appreciate this. I have never canceled and hope he can still go but surgery was very painful and he has no clue when he will be able to eat